If you could tell Ollie what to do...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could tell Ollie what to do...

I frankly love the way Ollie has put fight and pluck back in the team, and cut him some slack for inheriting a rotting situation. With that said, I wish he'd do the following: (1) rotate Perch, Onouha and Furlong at RB -- the latter not yet strong enough to get automatic starts; (2) never use Perch again in midfield, especially when you have talented midfielders on the bench; (3) start Lualua; he's a game changer; (4) platoon Mackie; 2 games per week as a starter not optimal strategy for one of our oldest stars; (5) platoon Sylla, Smith and Eze up front with, and at times as a replacement for, Connor

When Mackie didn't start against Burton everybody was up in arms so whatever he does some people won't be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
      When Mackie didn't start against Burton everybody was up in arms so whatever he does some people won't be happy.
      I definitely agree with that jmel. Ollie will never be able to please everyone. Feel sorry for him sometimes. Just trying to do an honest days work.

Comment

Hours and hours of shooting practice.
        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Don't really change much, perhaps alternate Furlong and Perch but don't rotate the rest of the team too much. Washington is playing brilliantly at the moment, he has had the ball legally over the line 3 in 3. Lua Lua is playing well, as is Pawel who with his work ethic is still a good player even when his ability is having an off day. Smithies is playing as good as ever and we still have all our players to come in. We should have won yesterday and only a dodgy linesman and referee stopped that I tbink, otherwise we would be mid table.

Comment

Start with Smith. He won everything in the air yesterday. Washington is really going to thrive off his knock-ons once the pair of them are used to each other.

Comment

Whatever I said I hope he would turn round and tell me to #### off and ask what have I ever done in the game. Too many people think they can be a manger just because they watch a game once a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                Whatever I said I hope he would turn round and tell me to #### off and ask what have I ever done in the game. Too many people think they can be a manger just because they watch a game once a week.
                Too true gary, thats why is does me when people think certain managers like rowett can come in and be a success, football doesnt work that way, the same for all of us thinking we all know!
                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

As a priority we really need to plug that hole we have in the right back position ATM: it is becoming a little too costly for us now in terms of points. No disrespect to Furlong, who in a little more time I believe will blossom into an asset in that department but let's get clear of the relegation mire first: when we're safe then give him the match practice he needs to mature. This is one chink in our armour that seems to be becoming common knowledge with all our recent Championship opponents.

Comment

Keep telling the fans to give more support when playing at LR and make it the fortress it once was.

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                      bingo! We have a winner.

Comment

It's simple really. We need two game plans. 1) A low posession, high press and counter. 2) Dominate posession (width, off ball movement ditto, MF numbers supporting in final third)

I don't think Olly has sussed best set up for the latter. For all his bluster he's pretty conservative away from home. That's what I'd tell him, adding that supporters pay his fvcking salary and I was watching mediocrity when he was in short trousers so I recognise it early fvckin doors.
                        Last edited by hal9thou; 06-02-2017, 01:59 PM. Reason: Browser######

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                          It's simple really. We two game plans. 1) A low posession, high press and counter. 2) Dominate posession (width, off ball movement ditto, MF numbers supporting in final third)

I don't think Olly has sussed best set up for the latter. For all his bluster he's pretty conservative away from home. That's what I'd tell him, adding that supporters pay his fvcking salary and I was watching mediocrity when he was in short trousers so I recognise it early fvckin doors.
                          Not sure we had the players for 2). Hopefully now we do.

Comment

Some saying dont ever play Perch in midfield again but did he not have a great game against the Toons ?

Comment

Working...
                            X