No announcement yet.

Blackburn v QPR *Match Thread*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The boy just does not do the basics well enough tracking a run, cutting out crosses and most importantly poor positioning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dunraven View Post
      Apart from his age what's promising about him. He was rightly excused for being rinsed by Sanchez a while back, went out on loan, didn't do much, come back and hasn't done much. What's promising?
      He's a lightweight piggybacker off a famous journeyman's name. Not the answer.

Comment

• Who do we play RB then as according to this forum Furlong, Nedum and Perch all rubbish there and should not play.

Comment

• We are in a position where we need a bit of experience in that position so I would put Onuhua there when Hall is fit and Perch then when he is not. Furlong is being given an easier ride then say Luongo due to his surname as his performance's are slightly worse than Mass's. Does not stop crosses and never tracks his runner they are basic things that any full back should be doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
            We are in a position where we need a bit of experience in that position so I would put Onuhua there when Hall is fit and Perch then when he is not. Furlong is being given an easier ride then say Luongo due to his surname as his performance's are slightly worse than Mass's. Does not stop crosses and never tracks his runner they are basic things that any full back should be doing.
            I don't buy into this theory that Furlong gets an easy ride cos of who his dad is. I couldn't care less who is Dad is. I just see a young lad who with a bit of support could be a very good player.

I'm the same with Luongo. Yeah, he frustrates the hell out of me but I see a good player in there too.

Much rather we persevere with players like these than we bring in crap loans of old farts from the Premier League like some previous managers would have!

Comment

• All about opinions but Furlong last Saturday was destroyed by Lloyd Dyer and was nowhere for his goal and Wednesday he was targetted by the toon and was not that great either. He lacks basic full back awareness and for me if you do not have that then you will never fulfill any potential you may have.

Comment

• Agree with Tarbs the link to his dad is just latest excuse handed about. Doughty was awful last week who is his dad as no more he uttered a word

Comment

• Originally posted by Dunraven View Post
                  Apart from his age what's promising about him. He was rightly excused for being rinsed by Sanchez a while back, went out on loan, didn't do much, come back and hasn't done much. What's promising?
                  He went out on loan and impressed, just ask any Swindon fans or look at their forums. With fans like ours it's no wonder youngsters never bloody make it at QPR.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Westy. Not sure what the Doughty and Furlong is or has to QPR? I love the idea of players coming through our system if they are good enough. On his performances thus far he has not shown the improvement required to be a automatic first choice at Right Back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                      He went out on loan and impressed, just ask any Swindon fans or look at their forums. With fans like ours it's no wonder youngsters never bloody make it at QPR.
                      I'm not sure he was that impressive on loan, he was decent. Maybe it was his level. I'm all for youngsters coming through, god knows it's been a while, but for me furlong isn't up to this standard. Shodipo and Manning on the other hand, I think are genuinely promising.

Nothing against furlong and don't go along with the 'because of his surname' theory, just honestly don't think he's up to it.

Comment

• Furlong will be a good player he just needs more experience at this level and really needs to get some more muscle. He gets caught out sometimes sure but i also see him playing good sometimes, unlike perch and ned though he has the potential to get way better than he is now.
                        Cut him some slack and i guarentee that by this time next season he'll be one of our best players

Comment

• Put him upfront!

Comment

• Think Furlong is a decent player. Inexperienced but will continue to improve. Keep the lad playing, it's not like we have a top class RB to slot in anyhow.

Comment

• Furlong's throw-ins were more effective than Mannings woeful corners.

Comment

• Why don`t place Furlong on the bench for a match or two and let him study Perch or Onuoha? That`s how Ole Gunnar Solskjær used his time on the bench at United.
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X