Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How QPR targeted Newcastle captain

Interesting article: http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport...w-qpr-12547482

We're extremely exciting on the counter-attack.

Comment

Interesting, I wouldn't have regarded Ollie as a tactical genius in his first spell with us, but to stay in a job with Sky you have to be able to analyse games and come up with insights....might be an example of spending a year working for Sky making you a better manager.....

Comment

Originally posted by amusant View Post
        Interesting, I wouldn't have regarded Ollie as a tactical genius in his first spell with us, but to stay in a job with Sky you have to be able to analyse games and come up with insights....might be an example of spending a year working for Sky making you a better manager.....
        Gary Neville

Comment

Fleming coming in has certainly helped the team and Ollie.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsgate Hoop View Post
            Gary Neville
            Gary Neville didn't do well but he certainly didn't do as bad as is made out. Valencia are still poor this season in 15th place in the league. He was trying to bring thru some.young players and to some extent it worked and some it failed but the truth is , Valencia under Neville were operating at their level, at that point and still now they don't deserve to be any higher no matter who the manager is.

Comment

Originally posted by amusant View Post
              That's actually a really good point about how Sky work may have improved him as like you tactics were not his strength in the past but last few games he's been really sharp in this area. Sky have hundreds of views of every game wander if he managing to get extra info and videos of opponents great area to exploit if he can

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                That's actually a really good point about how Sky work may have improved him as like you tactics were not his strength in the past but last few games he's been really sharp in this area. Sky have hundreds of views of every game wander if he managing to get extra info and videos of opponents great area to exploit if he can
                I agree and I noticed this change in him right back to his early interviews when he joined. It impressed me but knew it would take time to implement, the fruits of which we are gradually now beginning to see. Still a way to go obviously but the good news is he knows that too and it's clear he's working tirelessly on it.

Comment

Or just maybe hes been a manager for around 20 years might just of helped aswell lol, gordon bennett give the man some credit ffs, hes won things, how many managers have done that! and with limited resources!
                  http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                    Or just maybe hes been a manager for around 20 years might just of helped aswell lol, gordon bennett give the man some credit ffs, hes won things, how many managers have done that! and with limited resources!
                    This too of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                      Could even be both

Comment

West I know you don't like me but I do respect you allot. Never really understood your clear dislike for ian. I am delighted he has come back and still felt the same after his shocking run of results. You can see improvement everywhere. I personally think there are a few yourself included that want a fashionable manager and I think that why only a few of us were upset when we employed redknapp. The whole love in for rowett was embarrassing
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Could even be both

Lol when hes won things again with very limited resources and well before his sky job, think you forget the championships a different kettle of fish as you need a hard side to youre game aswell as guille, he has won things doing what hes had to do be it lumping it up or whatever really! a proper manager, just like the great brian clough was and more doing it with limited resources and up from the old second division, not comparing ollie to clough but these so called super managers who come into these big clubs with the ridiculas amount of monies worth of talent, wouldnt stand a chance in a job like ours with limited resources!
                          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Working...
                          X