Feelings, nothing more than feelings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feelings, nothing more than feelings

Born and raised in Northolt, and been an R's fan since the 80's - in my teens, my heroes were the likes of Bannister, Waddock, Stainrod, Hazel, Bardsley, Wegerle, and Byrne to name a few. Back then, the team excited me and I really cared how we did.

Weirdly enough, I haven't felt that same way until now. I can believe in this new look R's side under the passion, enthusiasm and at times, totally inept leadership of Ollie. I don't really care if so and so isn't as good as we think, or if it is all going to turn to sh#t before our eyes, if we should have splashed more cash or not spent as much - I support QPR regardless, but I just wanted to get that feeling back - of passion, pride and commitment.

This is now my team again and I bloody love it mate!

Beautiful man just beautiful!'!!! We're all on de herb tonight !! West London is rocking and every ranger is proud ,Geordies got lucky!!!
    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Welcome to the site, the locals bark is worse than their bite
      As an ex Northolt boy, your probably have Ted come on and extend a warm stormtroopers welcome
      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
      Work Best When Open...
      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
        Beautiful man just beautiful!'!!! We're all on de herb tonight !! West London is rocking and every ranger is proud ,Geordies got lucky!!!
        Mmmm. Sounds like a plan. Think I'll pay the green man a visit on my way home from work
        Work Best When Open...
        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
          Times like this I miss being back in West London - my nan and mum were born and raised in Peabody buildings off Dalgarno Way - used to be my hideaway when I couldn't walk straight to get back to my house! Have to make do with the hot tub, a few cans and the Northern lights tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Ranger View Post
            Times like this I miss being back in West London - my nan and mum were born and raised in Peabody buildings off Dalgarno Way - used to be my hideaway when I couldn't walk straight to get back to my house! Have to make do with the hot tub, a few cans and the Northern lights tonight!
            Beats Baghdad high st mate aka South Harrow!! Enjoy the ale mate

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
              Mmmm. Sounds like a plan. Think I'll pay the green man a visit on my way home from work
              There's lots of Green here in The Hammer, we have a top notch shop downtown!
              @gatorTFC

Comment

Welcome to the site, the locals bark is worse than their bite
                As an ex Northolt boy, your probably have Ted come on and extend a warm stormtroopers welcome
                Glad to be here! Been lurking for a while and thought it time to stick my head above the parapet! Shoot away!

Comment

Welcome aboard fellow Canuck, I've been supporting the club from here since the early 80's, there's a few of us around!
                  @gatorTFC

Comment

Born and raised in Northolt, and been an R's fan since the 80's - in my teens, my heroes were the likes of Bannister, Waddock, Stainrod, Hazel, Bardsley, Wegerle, and Byrne to name a few. Back then, the team excited me and I really cared how we did.

Weirdly enough, I haven't felt that same way until now. I can believe in this new look R's side under the passion, enthusiasm and at times, totally inept leadership of Ollie. I don't really care if so and so isn't as good as we think, or if it is all going to turn to sh#t before our eyes, if we should have splashed more cash or not spent as much - I support QPR regardless, but I just wanted to get that feeling back - of passion, pride and commitment.

I am just now starting to have those same fragile yet quietly optimistic feelings about my club that originally began to appear in the Spring of the 2009/10 season when Warnock first took over.

Comment

Felt exactly the same last night mate, was almost a little emotional for some reason.

That last night, was what QPR is to me - it's all I've been wanting in recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                        Felt exactly the same last night mate, was almost a little emotional for some reason.

That last night, was what QPR is to me - it's all I've been wanting in recent years.
                        Strange you say that, after the match and reading reports and comments I swelled with pride and felt a little emotional myself.

Comment

I don't know why, it just finally felt like I had my QPR back - even though we're still 18th in the Championship!

Comment

Come on, own up, who had a few man tears
                            Work Best When Open...
                            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Come on, own up, who had a few man tears
                              Mrs van thought the devil had been unearthed after 40 seconds, she stormed in from the kitchen and witnessed me effing and blinding doing a gollum at the telly!!! The own goal see me take off the sofa as though I had scored and I finished with a roly poly with sliding finish on knees. No joke, she has me down as a proper sad kannt so got her a little too today for putting up with my Rangers lunacy. No tears but welled up with pride, typical Holloway!!

Comment

Working...
                              X