We do better away from home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We do better away from home

It's as if the players relish the chance to play away from Loftus Road. I find at home the fans can be quite demanding and will moan and sometimes give abuse to the players which can't be good for them. We go away and the pressure seems to go away, we can focus on our game plan and grind out results. Has any one else realised this?
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Think our style of play suits us to play away. We now have Smith and Morrison who will help us attack teams at home more.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
      Think our style of play suits us to play away. We now have Smith and Morrison who will help us attack teams at home more.
      I agree. Morrison will give us that spark we need, especially at home.
      "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Morrison has composure in abundance in and around the penalty area.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
          Think its more this. We have a great away counter attack with Pawel, Wash and Mackie with hassle in behind. At home is doesn't work as we have to much possession. That will change at home now with Rav and Goss, 2 players who want the ball all the time.

Comment

Morrison 3 weeks away from fitness at present

Comment

It's the system we play, away we can sit back and play a counter attacking game as we did at Reading, Fulham, and tonight except Fulham we were at home but sat back,at home we have to make the running , go at teams which doesn't suit the system we use, just like against Burton we had to take the game to them, which we're not that good at, Burton done to us which is what we done to the afore mentioned,

Comment

General good enough and fit enough now to run riot.

Comment

16 points home. 18 points away

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                    It's as if the players relish the chance to play away from Loftus Road. I find at home the fans can be quite demanding and will moan and sometimes give abuse to the players which can't be good for them. We go away and the pressure seems to go away, we can focus on our game plan and grind out results. Has any one else realised this?
                    I mentioned this on another thread.
                    I noticed when Newcastle fans get on their backs, some of their passing went adrift.
                    We have to accept that the modern day footballer is a bit sensitive and needs to feel loved at all times
                    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                    Work Best When Open...
                    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

We do better against teams who setup to come at us

Comment

Working...
                      X