Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Believe Smithies Wil, Be Englands First Choice Keeper In The Future.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
    Irrelevant . Smithies is better than Green yes but they're playing in different eras ffs. That's like saying because Michael Rickets played for England that Dwight Gayle should.

The reason behind my response is that Joe Hart has years left in him, as do Butland and Forster. Not to mention Pickford coming through.

So settle yourself down .
    Different eras? Rob Green is still playing!?

Hart is almost 30, Forster is decent, Butland is decent and Pickford could be anything. No reason Smithies cant get involved in that.

Comment

Green was 1st choice when there was no alternatives as James was number 2 at the age of 37 or 38

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
        Different eras? Rob Green is still playing!?

Hart is almost 30, Forster is decent, Butland is decent and Pickford could be anything. No reason Smithies cant get involved in that.
        Green hasn't been called for England in years - which is my point ref eras. He isn't competing with Green for an England spot now ffs. How about simply accepting a difference in opinion on the matter without silly comments?
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Green hasn't been called for England in years - which is my point ref eras. He isn't competing with Green for an England spot now ffs. How about simply accepting a difference in opinion on the matter without silly comments?
          Chill Matty its all cool. Great keeper and he is certainly going in the right direction which is more than you can say about hart these days.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Nah

You said he aint England quality, but Green is? Heaton is?? Your era point is moot seeing as Rob is still playing.

I agree he's got a few in his way at the moment, but that's suggesting Smithies wont improve, and Hart, Forster abd Butland wont suffer from injuries and form.

You're normally right imo mate, not here tho.

Comment

Nah

You said he aint England quality, but Green is? Heaton is?? Your era point is moot seeing as Rob is still playing.

I agree he's got a few in his way at the moment, but that's suggesting Smithies wont improve, and Hart, Forster abd Butland wont suffer from injuries and form.

Sorry bakes - I bow to your superior knowledge mate and will be sure to tow the party line in future.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Sorry bakes - I bow to your superior knowledge mate and will be sure to tow the party line in future.
                Top man.

Comment

Great keeper but will never play for England whilst with us. IMO Tom Heaton at the mo is the best challenger to Hart. At this moment I would have Heaton over Hart.

Smithies with out doubt is a great keeper and if he gets a move, will be in contention.
                  @chrisrobson9

Comment

At some point yes but he has to be playing week in, week out in the Premier League to get the number 1 spot.

Sadly cannot see anyone picking a Championship keeper as first choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                      Great keeper but will never play for England whilst with us. IMO Tom Heaton at the mo is the best challenger to Hart. At this moment I would have Heaton over Hart.

Smithies with out doubt is a great keeper and if he gets a move, will be in contention.
                      I agree he's one of the best outside of the prem and better than some in it, but has no chance of a call up while playing for us in the championship? but if we were in the prem or he moves to a prem club I'm sure he'd be looked at

Comment

Nah

Heaton is honestly England's best keeper at the moment

Comment

Comment

Decent but not International class at the moment, others ahead of him. Possibly in the future but would bet against it rather than for it.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                              Good enough for england yes but will never be englands first choice. England is all about what team you play for nowdays, skill and consistency doesnt come into it
                              Agree.

Comment

Best Goalkeeper we've had since Paddy Kenny.

Comment

Working...
                                X