Ollie - The Best Man For The Job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://talksport.com/football/ian-ho...football-china
    "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
      Never really got why you've never really liked him west. Yes the clowning around is just his bubbly nature coming out, so I don't have an issue with it. We are slowly getting our club back and I think olly was exactly the personality to gee up some players and get rid of the ones that jfh overrated
      This. He had to prove he was able to take up the role. Despite a terrible start he's shown enough I feel to at least justify the fans support.

He's never going to be Jose or Pep. But i'd happily say he's a Bristolian Klopp. Most importantly, he's our lad now, he's back.

Comment

I was trying to find the article (I think it was in the Evening Standard) about Holloway and his deaf twins. From what I recall the Club paid for them to go to a special school. I remember Holloway saying that he would never forget the kindness of the Club. I think this is why he holds the Club in such great estime..

Comment

That was a good listen and again feel so reassured that Ollies the right man and we are getting our club back! I'm also confident he is building a team that next season will finish too 10 and hopefully challenge for the play offs!!

Also, one of the best things in that interview is right at the beginning when Ollie confirms we have the option to make Wsolevs deal permanent if we want to!

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
            That was a good listen and again feel so reassured that Ollies the right man and we are getting our club back! I'm also confident he is building a team that next season will finish too 10 and hopefully challenge for the play offs!!

Also, one of the best things in that interview is right at the beginning when Ollie confirms we have the option to make Wsolevs deal permanent if we want to!
            Noticed that too but didn't give anything away about whether we will take up the option.

Comment

Best move ever getting Holloway back in the club....LOVE IT

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                Best move ever getting Holloway back in the club....LOVE IT
                It's good to see so many now coming round to this POV.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Now that's what I want to hear Olly sensible insightful thoughts on our club and football

No clown comments no cliques just 100% sensible football opinions. Keep it up boss as what I heard tonight starts to change my opinion of you and gives me a buzz
                  Sounds good west, not heard it yet but sounds good.... he wasnt my choice for manager but always said Id hive him a chance and support him. With these performances and now results going our way, plus the hopeful additions of a few good signings in the TW, he could soon be a great appointment. Still away to go yet for me to be completely convinced, but so far so good. Keep it up Ollie and Birch!!
                  SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Loved Ollie first time round, wasn't keen on his return (second stints rarely work) but I'm warming to Ollie again. There is no doubting his commitment and hunger to do well

Ollies Blue army
                    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

http://the72.co.uk/72944/qpr-ian-cle...the-hollo-way/

So far in this window he has seen Sebastian Polter, Tjaronn Chery and Sandro have left the club as well as Adel Taraabt and Gladwin leaving on loan. Incomings have seen Kazenga Lua Lua arrive at the club as Holloway looks to bring in players who represent him more.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                        It's good to see so many now coming round to this POV.
                        Been behind Holloways appointment from the off

Agree that it's nice to see people more receptive to IH's appointment now though
                        Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 17-01-2017, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Actions speak louder than words. I'd be quite happy if he said nothing to any media outlet until the summer holidays.

He doing OK, let's just see how he goes.

Comment

I love ollie, when i first started supporting qpr he was our manager and used to have me in histerics! Ill admit i used to be a chelsea supporter until i was about 10 or so and the main reasons i took a liking to qpr was the name, location and small club with no money (how ironic years later) but ollie truly made me love the club and the community/fun feeling it had about it compared to successful teams.

Glad hes back here and one major thing i think is being overlooked is his transparency and honesty with goings on at the club, we have an idea whats going on and that the management have confirmed we're in a pickle rather than glossing everything over and saying promotion is the goal all the time

Comment

Don't get me wrong I love Ollie, hope that he gets a decent amount of time and the performance against Reading was fantastic.....However before that 6 defeats and 2 games we won, but weren't that good in all honesty.

Still early doors and just hope things are finally on the up rather than a false dawn but where as I wasn't one to want shot of him after that terrible run I'm also not one to think after one good performance the corner has been turned.

Time will tell, starting against the Rupert's on Saturday

Comment

League games I think he's won 4 and lost 6 right? So 12 from 10 which I think is good given teams we've played

Comment

Working...
                                X