No announcement yet.

Luongo. Enough is enough.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the couple of chances he had had gone in we would all be singing a different song.

Comment

• It would be interesting to know in what position he plays for Australia? From what I`ve read on here, her has also scored a few vital goals for them. At QPR I can`t remember that he has scored at all..
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
        It would be interesting to know in what position he plays for Australia? From what I`ve read on here, her has also scored a few vital goals for them. At QPR I can`t remember that he has scored at all..
        two things here:

1) Australia play the dogsh it that is the asian cup (something I can attest to having watched it)
        2) He plays as an attacking midfielder, but then australia themselves are quite an attacking team given that they're the best in the continent.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Ok. So based on your assessment and our recent development in the final third of our play ; I should beleive that he will score a few for us sooner rather than later. Not saying he is a typical attacking midfeilder, but like most teams we need midfielders who possess goal threats.
          Last edited by Shania; 04-02-2017, 12:46 PM.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Ok. So based on your assessment and our recent development in the final third of our play ; I should beleive that he will score a few for us sooner rather than later. Not saying he is a typical attacking midfeilder, but like most teams we need midfielders who possess goal threats.
            I actually think the introduction of Ravel will have him playing a more clearly defined role as a deep lying midfielder who'll win the ball back and recycle the possession.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• I think his place is under threat next few games. Interesting to see if he's starting come mid march

Comment

Ok. So based on your assessment and our recent development in the final third of our play ; I should beleive that he will score a few for us sooner rather than later. Not saying he is a typical attacking midfeilder, but like most teams we need midfielders who possess goal threats.
                If Luongo keeps getting into the right positions to score then it will eventually turn for him.

Same as Washington. You've got to not be afraid to miss a few before u score.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                  If Luongo keeps getting into the right positions to score then it will eventually turn for him.

Same as Washington. You've got to not be afraid to miss a few before u score.

That`s true. And I thought Luongo actually fired a few shots from dangerous positions against Newcastle. ..Thumbs up.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    I actually think the introduction of Ravel will have him playing a more clearly defined role as a deep lying midfielder who'll win the ball back and recycle the possession.
                    That's how I see it. Luongo's legs in the middle of the pitch are a big plus for the team

Comment

• Luongo had a reasonable game on Wednesday some people on here are slating him as if he had a poor game.

Comment

• Best midfielder in the league - No. Good enough for QPR - Yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macca View Post
                          Luongo had a reasonable game on Wednesday some people on here are slating him as if he had a poor game.
                          That would be me. Which, offensively, he certainly did. Manning was taking care of Shelvey; Perch breaking up play and evening the centre backs; it fell to Luongo to attack from midfield. Which, as ever, he didn't do well. Here's hoping, should be play today, he acquits himself better.

Comment

• In the final third off the pitch Luongo tends to let himself down! His final ball is often not the right choice or he just takes too long to decide what he wants to do!
                            However his drive,energy and tackling in the centre of midfield makes him a asset imo. It's why I'm hoping someone like Morrison can get in the team and be the creative spark allowing Luongo the chance to sit a little deeper where he does influence the game for us!

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              I think his place is under threat next few games. Interesting to see if he's starting come mid march
                              I was just about to post the same thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                                I think his place is under threat next few games. Interesting to see if he's starting come mid march
                                Bet he is
                                Id have a pound with anyone Mass is a starter for every game hes here. (Barring injury)
                                Hugely respected player

Comment

Working...
                                X