No announcement yet.

Transfer window summed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the Caulker deal definitely happen then?

Don't think it nets us a million though. I think they will pay his wages plus a sign on. All we're getting is him off our wage bill for a few months!

Comment

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/20...r-3548135.aspx

19 year old kid joins us from Belgium.

Comment

Could we treat Shodipo any more poorly? I got slagged on here for saying a few weeks back when everyone was getting excited about Holloway and youth that we ship young guys out never to be seen again. I reckon that will be the fate of Shodipo and Kakay. Shodipo was definitely worth a proper run in the team when we were so poor.

Comment

All in all a decent enough window as we got rid of few and replaced them with their equal or better. Yes another striker and centre back would have been nice but you cannot have it all ways. Happy enough with what we have and it looks like foundations are in place to build on.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
            Could we treat Shodipo any more poorly? I got slagged on here for saying a few weeks back when everyone was getting excited about Holloway and youth that we ship young guys out never to be seen again. I reckon that will be the fate of Shodipo and Kakay. Shodipo was definitely worth a proper run in the team when we were so poor.
            Come on Buddy these young players going out on loan are not the finished article if they hang about here they arnt going to get the game time they will at the clubs they going to it's up to them to grab the opportunity they've been given and come back more expirience players ready to stake their claim

Comment

I don't think he's been treated poorly at all. Ollie said in an interview a few weeks back that he is a big fan of Shodipo, but that he has parts of his game he needs to work on before we can play him regularly at this level. And let's face it, his defensive game is pretty much non-existent isn't it? Loaning him out gives him a chance to get game time under his belt so he can work on those parts of his game, and gives him more confidence, which surely is preferable to him sitting on the bench all the time. I don't see a problem at all. I reckon he'll come back much improved and more confident. Treating him poorly would've been keeping him on the bench.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                All in all a decent enough window as we got rid of few and replaced them with their equal or better. Yes another striker and centre back would have been nice but you cannot have it all ways. Happy enough with what we have and it looks like foundations are in place to build on.
                I think it's a bit more than that 73 imo it's a chance to to get back to being a QPR club again ! a club that that puts the emphis. On skillful play , players that want the ball ie Morrison Freeman Goss woz the pole Lua Lua , I'm not going to say play offs here we come but I really believe the days of Drossball will soon become a thing of the past , great stuff from all concerned for the hard work put into this T/W to play football on the front foot
                Last edited by dogsrrs; 01-02-2017, 09:19 AM.

Comment

By getting him a loan deal to get some first team experience?. Yeh, real poor treatment!

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                    I think it's a bit more than that 73 imo it's a chance to to get back to being a QPR club again ! a club that that puts the emphis. On skillful play , players that want the ball ie Morrison Freeman Goss woz the pole , I'm not going to say play offs here come but I really believe the days of Drossball will soon become a thing of the past , great stuff from all concerned for the hard work put into this T/W
                    It certainly looks great for next season imo. We have no chance of playoffs this season nor should we even think about it but our pre season starts right now and we can get a real good look at our side between now and the summer.

Its great in that we don't know who should be starting for us simply because all of our signings have the potential to be key players, especially ravel who i cant wait to see again

Comment

done some great recruiting and shifting there, 7.5/10 for me
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Agree Dogs as I said really good foundations are now in place for the next 2 - 3 seasons and to top it off get Smithies tied up and I will be over the moon.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                          It certainly looks great for next season imo. We have no chance of playoffs this season nor should we even think about it but our pre season starts right now and we can get a real good look at our side between now and the summer.

Its great in that we don't know who should be starting for us simply because all of our signings have the potential to be key players, especially ravel who i cant wait to see again
                          Yes, except there are a few points to gain before we can safely do that

Comment

Are all new signings available for tonight?
                            Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Just Freeman and Goss available tonight I think.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                                Just Freeman and Goss available tonight I think.
                                Cheers mate, was talking to a Brummie this morning he reckons freeman is a class signing. Tore Birmingham apart when city played them he said.Hopefully start tonight!!
                                Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Working...
                                X