Transfer window summed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
    I don't think he's been treated poorly at all. Ollie said in an interview a few weeks back that he is a big fan of Shodipo, but that he has parts of his game he needs to work on before we can play him regularly at this level. And let's face it, his defensive game is pretty much non-existent isn't it? Loaning him out gives him a chance to get game time under his belt so he can work on those parts of his game, and gives him more confidence, which surely is preferable to him sitting on the bench all the time. I don't see a problem at all. I reckon he'll come back much improved and more confident. Treating him poorly would've been keeping him on the bench.
    Ginge, he WAS kept on the bench watching a load of crap. What sort of message did that send him? What Holloway says is for public consumption. I wait for what I see not what a manager says. I can't agree about him defensively. Yes, he has a lot to learn of course but he has chased back with enthusiasm on the odd occasion he has played and he's strong and fit. Why not develop him here? He is one who does look like he'd make it for a change and I'd like to see him play sometimes. This board was full of 'wait til you see Shodipo' posts last Summer.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
      By getting him a loan deal to get some first team experience?. Yeh, real poor treatment!
      Develop him here or send him to Port Vale.....I stand by my comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
        Ginge, he WAS kept on the bench watching a load of crap. What sort of message did that send him? What Holloway says is for public consumption. I wait for what I see not what a manager says. I can't agree about him defensively. Yes, he has a lot to learn of course but he has chased back with enthusiasm on the odd occasion he has played and he's strong and fit. Why not develop him here? He is one who does look like he'd make it for a change and I'd like to see him play sometimes. This board was full of 'wait til you see Shodipo' posts last Summer.
        Z
        He won't get the game time here to develope as much as he will at his loan club , Alan you'd like to see him play SOMETIMES so would HE that's why he's gone on loan he knows he has no chance of playing 20 games here but he has where he's gone

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
          If you are referring to watching the crap when we lost 6 in a row, I think for the most part we were the team playing better football but let unlucky/sloppy goals in and our heads went down and it was game over from there. Football was certainly much better than when JFH was in charge.

A loan move to a team in the lower leagues will get him match fit and playing against "lesser" opposition will do wonders for the boys confidence. He's still our player, it's half a season of playing consistently and will come back better for it rather than sitting on the bench. I think the plan is to have Lua Lua for the next few months and then send him back and Shodipo replace him.

The boy has lots to learn. Beating man for pace, very good. Crossing okay. Passing shooting and defensive work not very good.
          My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Looks like we've gone for a young squad for the rest of the season, very young in the midfield areas with Goss Manning Doughty and Luongo likely to play those positions the most for the rest of the season, hopefully it works out long term.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
              Strange how he is suddenly fit.
              No ,not strange at all,they did the same with Sandra and Green ect

Comment

Working...
              X