No announcement yet.

Matt Smith - really impressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bobby Zamora was clapped out not overly skilfull but knew how to lead the line ! Read post saying Smith puts himself about , let's just wait and see if he can lead the line you just have to give him the chance

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      Bobby Zamora was clapped out not overly skilfull but knew how to lead the line ! Read post saying Smith puts himself about , let's just wait and see if he can lead the line you just have to give him the chance
      Er...apart from THAT goal Zamora did jack sh.it

Comment

Zamora's body just could not do what his mind wanted him to. Did prove to be a good battering ram for Chaz though

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
          this is a no skill donkey who we should never have signed,we should have had the courage to sign bogle from grimsby,now we wont ever be able to afford him
          Will be an unusual donkey as he has a University Degree. Maybe he can quote Donkey Hote. Should fit in well as we are used to fighting windmills.

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
            Obviously it's what happens on the pitch that counts, but how refreshing to have an articulate guy with more than just a football brain. Haven't had many of those since Keith Sanderson back in the day and can be a real advantage. Really pleased with this transfer window and medium / longer term looks really promising. Still a few nervous weeks ahead as it will take time for the squad to gell.
            Keith Sanderson now there was a box to box player with a great deal of skill. The story goes that Tommy Docherty called him into his office and opening and shutting drawers in his desk but failing to look Sanderson in the eyes said I don't want any fricking amateurs in my team - your fired.

Comment

Originally posted by The Leveller View Post
              Well one can add Iain Dowie to the growing list, what you cant with Keith Sanderson is the last amateur to play first team football for the R's.
              Well remembered. Keith was my favourite member of the league cup team. Certainly used his brains when he played and without him the likes of Rodney couldn't have had the success they did.

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post
                Absolutely Bang On !

Comment

I'm behind him all the way, reckon he'll be better than polter!
                  Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Very good in the air so much better than polter

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
                      Well remembered. Keith was my favourite member of the league cup team. Certainly used his brains when he played and without him the likes of Rodney couldn't have had the success they did.
                      Yeah, but I did not think that on his debut when spanked by Brentford by six goals to one. Oh happy open ended footballing days. If anyone deserves induction its him, a very much under rated player.
                      Populus fui meus nomen , tamen meus nomen est non meus nomen

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                        I'm behind him all the way, reckon he'll be better than polter!
                        i reckon he will end up being our top goalscorer this season
                        good luck matty

Comment

Originally posted by The Leveller View Post
                          Yeah, but I did not think that on his debut when spanked by Brentford by six goals to one. Oh happy open ended footballing days. If anyone deserves induction its him, a very much under rated player.
                          Missed that Brentford game but started going regularly straight after. was at the return game which we won 1-0. I have never forgotten Keith's interview on the tribute "record" after we won the double. He more or less argued with the interviewer ( Jimmy Henny) asserting that there was no such thing as luck in football. If you use your brain well you increase your "luck". That's where intelligence comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                            Zamora's body just could not do what his mind wanted him to. Did prove to be a good battering ram for Chaz though
                            Exactly did the centre halves like him no they farking didn't

Comment

Think big Smith could do the same job with Ravel behind him.

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post
                                Thought he did as well as he could do during his time here, considering how wrecked he was in terms of fitness.
                                Who could forget that goal up at the hawthorns...

Not having what you said.

Comment

Working...
                                X