Matt Smith - really impressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Smith - really impressed

Obviously it's what happens on the pitch that counts, but how refreshing to have an articulate guy with more than just a football brain. Haven't had many of those since Keith Sanderson back in the day and can be a real advantage. Really pleased with this transfer window and medium / longer term looks really promising. Still a few nervous weeks ahead as it will take time for the squad to gell.

Reminds me of Colin Clarke

Comment

I hope so,Colin Clarke was brilliant for us,we signed for £800,000 at the time that was massive money for us

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
        Obviously it's what happens on the pitch that counts, but how refreshing to have an articulate guy with more than just a football brain. Haven't had many of those since Keith Sanderson back in the day and can be a real advantage. Really pleased with this transfer window and medium / longer term looks really promising. Still a few nervous weeks ahead as it will take time for the squad to gell.
        Clarke Carlisle was the last one (gulp) but totally agree he sounds like he knows what he's doing.

Comment

Was a very good player back in the day. Him and Falco were also big old lumps who were decent.

Comment

I know they're paid to be footballers not mathematicians, but on the subject of the OP, Ravel comes across as about as intelligent as a door stop in his interview.

That said, he's the 23 year old millionaire so pretty sure he's doing something right
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

maybe he can talk the ball into the net.
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Ready made replacement for Lee Hoos.

Nothing quite like bringing the youngsters through.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                  Ready made replacement for Lee Hoos.

Nothing quite like bringing the youngsters through.
                  Classic!

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                    Clarke Carlisle was the last one (gulp) but totally agree he sounds like he knows what he's doing.
                    Last one? We've got Nedum Onuoha...
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

He's been at Fulham too long ,no advantage to us using big words !! No articulation will save him from lack of goals. Good luck smith!!
                      Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Easily impressed I would say!! We can all talk a good game but can Smith deliver it....I doubt it very much.

Comment

this is a no skill donkey who we should never have signed,we should have had the courage to sign bogle from grimsby,now we wont ever be able to afford him
                          Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by norfolk ranger View Post
                            Easily impressed I would say!! We can all talk a good game but can Smith deliver it....I doubt it very much.
                            The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese....

Comment

Well one can add Iain Dowie to the growing list, what you cant with Keith Sanderson is the last amateur to play first team football for the R's.
                              Populus fui meus nomen , tamen meus nomen est non meus nomen

Comment

Working...
                              X