The Number 2 Shirt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Number 2 Shirt.

I've just read that Freeman......a winger, will wear the number 2 shirt. Call me old fashioned but I bloody hate that.

Number 2 is a right back. If you're a centre half and you want to wear it I'll just about be alright with that but please.....not a forward!

Probably get pelters on here now for whinging but it just gets on my nerves.

Surely can't be many lowish numbers left.

Comment

Maybe done for those that think he's sh1t.

Comment

7 and 11 were available weren't they? Or ain't we allowed to re-use numbers when players leave mid-season?

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
          I've just read that Freeman......a winger, will wear the number 2 shirt. Call me old fashioned but I bloody hate that.

Number 2 is a right back. If you're a centre half and you want to wear it I'll just about be alright with that but please.....not a forward!

Totally with you all the way.

Long gone are the days when you could look at a team and know the players position within the team by simply looking at the number on the back of their shirt.

Comment

I always like it when they've got numbers related to their position as it just makes sense, a lot of players have their own preferences these days and I can't help but think that if we've got those special numbers left like the 7, the only reason someone like Freeman isn't getting it is because there's a chance that a marquee signing either now or in the summer will want it and with how pampered players are, we'd have to give it to him just to make him happy.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              I always like it when they've got numbers related to their position as it just makes sense, a lot of players have their own preferences these days and I can't help but think that if we've got those special numbers left like the 7, the only reason someone like Freeman isn't getting it is because there's a chance that a marquee signing either now or in the summer will want it and with how pampered players are, we'd have to give it to him just to make him happy.
              I wondered if maybe we couldn't re-use 7 and 11 cos Gladwin and Borysiuk are only out on loan.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                Beckham's definitely retired Nas.

Comment

Yeah number 2 for a winger/attacking mid is real odd ... hmm ... ollie and les out!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                    Beckham's definitely retired Nas.
                    Ah sh it, well now this whole thing doesn't make sense. Get that clueless carnt leslie out, doesn't know how to count clearly!!!!
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                      Yeah number 2 for a winger/attacking mid is real odd ... hmm ... ollie and les out!!!!!
                      Yeah, maybe not Ollie out for this one.

I am a bit OCD though and this will drive me potty every time I see him play!

Comment

There's been a few players with strange shirt numbers. Asamoah Gyan wore 3 in the premiership

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                          There's been a few players with strange shirt numbers. Asamoah Gyan wore 3 in the premiership
                          That annoyed me too.

As did that dutch fella who wore number 9 and played centre half for Chelsea, Gallas wearing get number 10 at Arsenal, Eto'o wearing number 5 at Everton and this season Wijnaldum wearing number 5 at Liverpool!

Comment

Schneirderlin is wearing 2 at Everton.

Comment

That annoyed me too.

As did that dutch fella who wore number 9 and played centre half for Chelsea, Gallas wearing get number 10 at Arsenal, Eto'o wearing number 5 at Everton and this season Wijnaldum wearing number 5 at Liverpool!
                              Yeah some strange ones. The hands down best has to be Ivan Zamorano at Inter in the 90s. He was number 9 for a while but when they signed ronaldo (the fat one) he was given the number 9 shirt. So zamorano had 1 + 8 on his back that season.

Comment

Working...
                              X