Time for change ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for change ?

As somebody mentioned earlier we are somewhat scraping the barrel at the moment .. I wouldn't even say retrieving from a skip as I have found some good stuff in skips ,,, referring to the likes of Matt smith, not exactly an A lister

Suffice to say we have brought some decent players in , ,Lua ,Lua and hopefully Morrison etc,,

IMO it is imperative that the cheque book comes out in order to buy some sort of striker, appreciate that is easier than it sounds but quit the sob stories about how skint we are ,,,

I again agree with other posters that I think TF is slowly but surely pulling the plug as he did with Caterham ..

As I said many times before , I believe that he is using FFP as an excuse ... also IH is not exactly instilling me with confidence with his comments , especially regarding the fact that our spending days are over etc

Where's all the money gone from recent sales and the saving in wages ... I'm getting a little tired of hearing how broke we apparently are ... agreed we had to reign spending in somewhat, but it has got a little silly now ,,,

If TF has got to that stage, then yes it would be time for him to hand over to someone with some renewed passion ...

We seem to be going nowhere fast
    Last edited by skranger; 29-01-2017, 02:55 PM.

No

Comment

Ollie cant exactly say we`ve got loads to spend so rip us off really
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Still spending more and sellimg less than prem clubs like Hull and Sunderland and untold championship clubs.
        Ffp is all lies?
        Pulling away?

Nah mate, just aint spending tens of millions and paying out 50 grand a week anymore.

Comment

I like what we are doing in the market personally! However, the one position I do agree we should spend some cash on us up top!
          I think it's the one area of the pitch we should spend 5-8 mill and get someone who's proven! Albeit that proven strikers in this league are going for over 10 mill nowadays!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            Still spending more and sellimg less than prem clubs like Hull and Sunderland and untold championship clubs.
            Ffp is all lies?
            Pulling away?

Nah mate, just aint spending tens of millions and paying out 50 grand a week anymore.
            No-ones saying that we should, but we certainly need to splash out somewhat on a striker .... If we dont fully address our frailties this window we could be in serious stctuk,,

One question for you - where has all the transfer money (and saving on wages) gone to ,,,,, are the owners then just recouping some of their losses ... If that is the case i still believe it points towards them somewhat losing interest ..

i would re itterate that i am not for spending untold millions on players along with fortunes in wages .... but it is my opinion that we have headed too far the other way..

We need to redress the balance somewhat

Comment

Still a week to go mate and sadly and bizzarely we all know that nearly all the deals are done on deadline day.
              Same as always, and same as what we will do this window again.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                Still a week to go mate and sadly and bizzarely we all know that nearly all the deals are done on deadline day.
                Same as always, and same as what we will do this window again.
                Very true mate .... its soooooo Rangers

Comment

Austin showed what can happen when you spend a few quid on a good quality goalscorer. If we have any aspirations of promotion in the future that is the position that needs to be addressed.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                    Austin showed what can happen when you spend a few quid on a good quality goalscorer. If we have any aspirations of promotion in the future that is the position that needs to be addressed.
                    Exactly - goalscorers cost money .... Get the cheque book out and address the problem for now (survival) and for the future (hopefully promotion) ...

Short term fixes like Matt Smith are not the answer ..... Lets bring in a bit of quality in that area ... as i said it will pay dividends in the future

Comment

All strikers are a gamble. At the time Austin was second choice and nobody had any idea how well he was going to do. We didn't spend much on him (principally because of failed medical at Hull) and he wasn't on high wages.

Comment

My point is he was proven in the championship with Burnley so while a gamble it was a calculated one.

Comment

Austin was cheap (4-5 mill) because he had a year left on his deal at Burnley. He was regarded as one of the best strikers in the championship at the time and had just scored 24 in 37 games the season before.

Comment

My point is he was proven in the championship with Burnley so while a gamble it was a calculated one.
                            Everybody seems to forget that if we had signed Hooper (and see how he turned out) we probably would not have signed Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                              Austin was cheap (4-5 mill) because he had a year left on his deal at Burnley. He was regarded as one of the best strikers in the championship at the time and had just scored 24 in 37 games the season before.
                              This

Comment

Working...
                              X