Agree with Ollie pre and post match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agree with Ollie pre and post match

Manning and Mackie have not played week in week out for months. Yes they are two of our best players, but considering the volume of games coming up can completely see why he'd want to rest them, and trust the team he put out today had enough to handle Burton, bloody Burton.

Well, it clearly didn't and he admitted as much. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but credit where it's due he didn't hide behind anything. He admits they should have played. Damned if he did though, one of those gets injured we really are in a pickle, if he'd rested them against Toon, he might have been understood but probably face the same barrage if we'd lost that without them on the pitch no?

He's been shouting out about the need for a striker and more across the park since he got here.

Instead of knee jerking from wow what a game against Reading to we are doomed.....again, just maybe think about where he's coming from, and be thankful for the honesty and integrity to admit mistakes that are your own, when they happen.
    Last edited by topperharley; 28-01-2017, 11:04 PM.

Good post mate!

I've had time to calm down now and after seeing Ollies interview it made me feel better! The fact he held his hands up to say he made the wrong call fair play to him.

Intentions were good but today just highlighted we need Mackie and Mannings tenacity and energy presently!

Comment

Good to try out the squad. We aren't playing for anything so I am all for it. I do feel for the paying fans but season is over, just playing for trying out youngsters and pride
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
        Manning and Mackie have not played week in week out for months. Yes they are two of our best players, but considering the volume of games coming up can completely see why he'd want to rest them, and trust the team he put out today had enough to handle Burton, bloody Burton.

Well, it clearly didn't and he admitted as much. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but credit where it's due he didn't hide behind anything. He admits they should have played. Damned if he did though, one of those gets injured we really are in a pickle.

He's been shouting out about the need for a striker and more across the park since he got here.

Instead of knee jerking from wow what a game against Reading to we are doomed.....again, just maybe think about where he's coming from, and be thankful for the honesty and integrity to admit mistakes that are your own, when they happen.
        Yes, on the one hand this seems to make sense. But in your reply you give away the fatal error, the assumption that Burton - "Burton, bloody Burton" as you call them, underlining the assumption - were (relatively) easy pickings. For my money, today was NOT a day to rest your best players, but to make absolutely certain you not only secure those 3 points, but deny any points to a team below you. And to do that, you've GOT to play your strongest team.

And when was the last time Manning and Mackie played? A whole week ago FFS. It's not as if they've just played a midweek match. The midweek match coming up v Newcastle is an opportunity to try something new and rest players, as it represents a free game, in the sense that we would be rightly expected to lose anyway, and Newcastle are not bottom of the table rivals.

So yes, whilst I might be thankful for Ian Holloway's 'honesty and integrity', I am not grateful for him cocking this up. I really do not think we're in any position to take risks in vital games at this point. And the argument that Mackie or Manning might have got injured is a fallacy, since any player could get injured at any time - you can't base decisions on the possibility of someone getting injured if they're not carrying any injury in the first place. Let's get safe first, then try things out.

And whilst I admire Weare's crystal ball, I'm not so blase about our guaranteed safety as he is.

Comment

Ffs these are professional athletes whom are supposed to be prime humans. If they can't play 90- 180 mins a week with all the input put into them what the hell going on. Your average Joe goes work 5-6 days a week and some do hard graft. They don't work 1 day every other week .
          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

If it was about giving them a rest why did they come on at all?

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
              Good post mate!

I've had time to calm down now and after seeing Ollies interview it made me feel better! The fact he held his hands up to say he made the wrong call fair play to him.

Intentions were good but today just highlighted we need Mackie and Mannings tenacity and energy presently!
              Sorry, whilst he admitted he got it wrong, I still think he made a right mess of it because he should have known better than to change things around when the team had been doing so well.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                Yes, on the one hand this seems to make sense. But in your reply you give away the fatal error, the assumption that Burton - "Burton, bloody Burton" as you call them, underlining the assumption - were (relatively) easy pickings. For my money, today was NOT a day to rest your best players, but to make absolutely certain you not only secure those 3 points, but deny any points to a team below you. And to do that, you've GOT to play your strongest team.

And when was the last time Manning and Mackie played? A whole week ago FFS. It's not as if they've just played a midweek match. The midweek match coming up v Newcastle is an opportunity to try something new and rest players, as it represents a free game, in the sense that we would be rightly expected to lose anyway, and Newcastle are not bottom of the table rivals.

So yes, whilst I might be thankful for Ian Holloway's 'honesty and integrity', I am not grateful for him cocking this up. I really do not think we're in any position to take risks in vital games at this point. And the argument that Mackie or Manning might have got injured is a fallacy, since any player could get injured at any time - you can't base decisions on the possibility of someone getting injured if they're not carrying any injury in the first place. Let's get safe first, then try things out.

And whilst I admire Weare's crystal ball, I'm not so blase about our guaranteed safety as he is.
                Well said.
                This is just one of the reasons why I didn't want Ollie ad manager.
                He screwed this game up just as he did the FA Cup game against Blackburn.

QPR are not safe from going down and today he just gave Burton a helping hand to the 3 points.
                Last edited by stanistheman; 28-01-2017, 11:41 PM.

Comment

As has been said experiment against Newcastle not against burton. Need the points

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    Good to try out the squad. We aren't playing for anything so I am all for it. I do feel for the paying fans but season is over, just playing for trying out youngsters and pride
                    But we are playing for something look at the table this time next week and it could look ominously different. I hope you're right mate but I hate Rangers losing to sides like Burton at home and I don't have the same faith !

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                      But we are playing for something look at the table this time next week and it could look ominously different. I hope you're right mate but I hate Rangers losing to sides like Burton at home and I don't have the same faith !
                      Absolutely true.
                      How anyone can say we QPR are not playing for anything is beyond me.
                      Let's all pray that Ollie and the players are not as deluded.
                      Lose at Newcastle and Blackburn and QPR will be right back in the relegation mix.
                      Only Rotherham look as the most likely to be relegated.

Comment

Agree. Also very surprised at that comment. Tough few games coming up. Table could look very different by time we play Wigan at home.

Comment

Whatever we think or don't think about today's lineup and result has no one stopped to think that because of what's happened today we have come to rely heavily on Mackie and Manning. Two players that were nowhere near the team for various reasons before December. And how many on here over the last year and a half have completely slated Mackie and his "lack of talent". And a kid who had only played 4, yes 4 senior games in his professional career. How has our playing squad come to be so light in either quality and or numbers that these players have become virtually first on the team sheet. The board need shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                            Whatever we think or don't think about today's lineup and result has no one stopped to think that because of what's happened today we have come to rely heavily on Mackie and Manning. Two players that were nowhere near the team for various reasons before December. And how many on here over the last year and a half have completely slated Mackie and his "lack of talent". And a kid who had only played 4, yes 4 senior games in his professional career. How has our playing squad come to be so light in either quality and or numbers that these players have become virtually first on the team sheet. The board need shooting.
                            The board and Les Ferdinand - these are largely his players. Ollie got it badly wrong yesterday by underestimating BA and overestimating his selected players. Just as the games against Reading and Fulham were really good results for us, yesterday's was catastrophic - 3 points lost and worse still 3 points handed to a relegation rival. Let's hope we can nick a win against the toon.

Comment

Have you noticed where we are on the League table? No pun; but we need every point we can possibly get. In my book, we lost(threw away) three points who could have saved our sesason.
                              Ollie made a huge mistake by leaving Mackie and Manning on the bench from the start.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X