We're dismal at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're dismal at home

Its quite clear that we're struggling at home. We never seems to play proper football at home, where normally, every visiting team fancies their chances. Blame it on the pressure created by the high expectancy of the fans or the size of the pitch, we always seemed vulnerable at home. And it shouldn't be like that. Nearly all teams take advantage of the home games, but not the R's. If there is a gift to a team in need of scoring, winning a game, stop a loosing streak.....there Loftus Road for you! Jesus, we should take more advantage of the fact that we will be at home. This season, contrary to other seasons, we manage to win more points away from home!
    Last edited by Martinmalta; 28-01-2017, 07:08 PM.

We play better when our opponent has 80 % of possession. We simply don't have players to keep possession.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
      We play better when our opponent has 80 % of possession. We simply don't have players to keep possession.
      Exactly this. When we can counter attach we look decent , when we are expected to take the game to teams we are pony.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Its because we lacks quality. We have to play as half decent teams do...defend and counter attack. It could bring results as well, however, I am not sure our fans like that kind of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          Exactly this. When we can counter attach we look decent , when we are expected to take the game to teams we are pony.
          So true. Imsaid that earlier in the week that today would be so interesting when we have all the possession stats.

Comment

I was concerned that this might be the case. Hence optimism for the Newcastle game which will play to our strengths.

Comment

Asked the question last week on here and today summed up how important Mackie is to how we play and the energy he gives the side as it was very very flat first half especially.

Comment

#OneManTeam

#HeadlessChickenRovers

Comment

Lacked energy and were very flat, Do not think the team selection helped either.

Comment

Olly ####ed up. This was a must win game. NOT the time to change a winning (and drawing) side, introduce a player who hasn't played with us for ages (Doughty) a another (Lua Lua) who has never started, and try out different tactics. The Newcastle game is pretty much a lost cause and therefore I do not buy that this was the time to rest players like Mackie and Manning. This was a time to play our absolute best possible team to do our utmost to secure the 3 points. This was a six-pointer and Olly blew it (IMO). For me, this represents what's so frustrating about Olly - his inconsistency.

This is what he said after the game:

"It's bitterly disappointing, because I thought we could play better than that and give a better show of ourselves.

"I'm sick and fed up of feeling like I do now. It's not how I want to feel. We have to assert ourselves on games and we didn't do it in the way I wanted us to."

Well then perhaps you should have picked the right starting 11.

"I need to bring the right sort of people in if I can. We've got lots of things spinning at the moment. Which way are they going to drop? We're not sure yet.

"But hopefully they'll give me the right sort of selection problems so I can build a team that can win different types of games."

Clearly he's blaming lack of depth in the squad. I'm not disputing that point, we all know it to be true. But nevertheless, in games like this, you still have to play your strongest team and not tinker with players and tactics. Mackie and Manning should have started, IMO.

Comment

Lua lua was actually very good he will have given Ollie a headache. But team tactics and formation was totally wrong. We got what we deserved if were honest

Comment

Just seen the result, slightly disappointing but we are trying things out. We need to see if some of the fringe players are worth keeping. Well worth trying things out whilst we have nothing to play for. Any one even considering relegation need to wake up. Gonna be a boring end to the season but we need to experiment
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                          We've based a side on counter attacking football as its about all olly has to go on, hopefully the new lad goss who has a reputation of keeping the ball will help, sylla needs to offer more in movement, still think olly would of been better of risking mackie today and manning and adding lua lua and co on weds as i think we might of got more from the game today.

As for today we were garbage again. too many inconsistent players imo to challenge the top this season or next.

Comment

Totally agree. 3 points today would of took us to realistically 15-20 from safety. this squad is still missing 3-4 players of quality.

Comment

Working...
                            X