• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
    so what do you guys think now
    Proper old school target man. Superb.

Comment

• Been a great signing thus far, really like the lad.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• Proper old school forward. Reminds of Heidar. Exactly what we need and I reckon there's more to come

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
          Proper old school forward. Reminds of Heidar. Exactly what we need and I reckon there's more to come
          And Ollie agrees with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
            Proper old school forward. Reminds of Heidar. Exactly what we need and I reckon there's more to come
            Funny ain't it?!!

Loads on here whinging about the signing.......Fulham reject, poor man's Polter, donkey, etc, etc.

Actually turns out we've picked up a real bargain from what I've seen. Offers a hell of lot more than Polter and (if you believe what you read), cost less than a 3rd of what Polter was sold for!

Comment

• Yeh no grumbles here. Seems to of fitted in nicely as well. Well done Smudger, keep up the good work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
                so what do you guys think now
                exactly the same as I thought when we signed him ie

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                He's not really a hold it up and bring em in, back to goal one up 9. FFC never set up for his strengths. Get him on in space on the deck and he goes for target, no prisoners, very dangerous in the air.

Just needs a supply line.
                Also said he was different class to Polter....

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

Also said he was different class to Polter....
                  Spot on, easy to slate a guy who is no longer with us but Polts was pants, nice guy, wanted to do a job but didn't have it in his locker
                  I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• Hands up I was not impressed with his signing but he's won me over straight away. The word I would use to describe him is honest!!!! Can't ask for much more.

Comment

• He certainly was an underwhelming signing on paper but oh so many times we write off these players and they turn into something special, Heidar, Furlong etc Conor must be delighted he now has a proper foil and is now showing his potential, he was so close to going apparently too. Fantastic that it seems to be working out for them both, a proper partnership again.

Comment

• He's been really fantastic since playing. Great work on the flick on and in the box. Him and Conor are working together fantastically and I really want to see how he does alongside sylla too, just in case.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                          He's been really fantastic since playing. Great work on the flick on and in the box. Him and Conor are working together fantastically and I really want to see how he does alongside sylla too, just in case.
                          It's just down to Ballance something that the dof and co didn't know or respect ! If you know the game you know you just can't through a group of players together and expect the manager to create a team

Comment

• He's perfect for the style of football we play - he was never going to fit in with Fulham's possession-based game, so no surprise it didn't work out for him. Looking great for us!

Comment

• Originally posted by kenthoop View Post
                              He's perfect for the style of football we play - he was never going to fit in with Fulham's possession-based game, so no surprise it didn't work out for him. Looking great for us!
                              I think he has done quite well and does give us another option(especially useful when away from home), just hope we don't become too reliant on the long ball as there has been signs of that.

I guess it's a case of horses for courses and in our current situation it is fine as we are trying to stay up so play the percentage game. However, if we are looking at the play-offs next season in my opinion he would be a squad player.

He is in good form at the moment but the fact he has played for 11 clubs tells me something.

Comment

• Many on here thought Smithy was crap, me included.
                                I've had my slices of humble pie.
                                Keep banging the goals in Mathieu !

Comment

Working...
                                X