No announcement yet.

Hall, luongo and doughty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant believe were so reliant in midfield on a 4appearance novice kid who was an inch from being bombed out the club a couple of months ago.

How did it come to this?

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
      Cant believe were so reliant in midfield on a 4appearance novice kid who was an inch from being bombed out the club a couple of months ago.

How did it come to this?
      This where i said earlier in another thread how short we are in terms of quality now. Seems the board can't see this and almost seems as if they are quite happy to see the club get steadily worse. I really wish TF or Rueben would come out and state why there are now no funds at all when other clubs are still spending and improving.

Comment

How did it come to this?
        On the positive side the novice kid is decent....in my view more than decent. Great work ethic, run around etc. but most importantly picks a pass and confidence to shoot on sight. i think he could be a gem. What is bad in my view is that it took Ollie to come in and say I'll give him a go. What the heck are the other coaches doing? They should all be sacked. Interesting listening to Lynch on w12 media qpr podcast, he said that he played with Manning in a game for U23s. Thought Manning bossed the game and then was very surprised to see coaching staff thought differently and subbed him!! Something very wrong with rest of coaching staff if we were going to let this guy go and they didn't rate him!

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
          On the positive side the novice kid is decent....in my view more than decent. Great work ethic, run around etc. but most importantly picks a pass and confidence to shoot on sight. i think he could be a gem. What is bad in my view is that it took Ollie to come in and say I'll give him a go. What the heck are the other coaches doing? They should all be sacked. Interesting listening to Lynch on w12 media qpr podcast, he said that he played with Manning in a game for U23s. Thought Manning bossed the game and then was very surprised to see coaching staff thought differently and subbed him!! Something very wrong with rest of coaching staff if we were going to let this guy go and they didn't rate him!
          I actually agree with you on this 100%. thing is, our coaches that were here before Ollie took over. How many of them apart from Chris Ramsay are qualified and if they are how long since they qualified. Seem a lot of Les Ferdinands friends again. I know a few are ex QPR but does that make any difference to your ability to see good in a player and teach players to become better. Why are we nearly always waiting for our youngsters to be in their early 20's before they get a chance? Does playing in the u23's reallly give our young players the best education to their footballing career when so many other clubs up and down the country play their young players sporadically in the first team to gain the valuable experience they need to properly compete. I may be completely wrong but thats how it looks to me.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
            Completely agree mate. I wasn't having a dig at Manning, I think the kids gonna be a star. More a slight at the rest of them, getting shown up by a kid.

Hopefully the United kid Goss and Ravel will get the job done, tho I'm not sure where this leaves Luongo, possibly on the bench?

Comment

Why does Les and his alleged mates get blamed for everything. Did Les and his mates choose to drop Manning and Mackie?? Did they also decide to play three holding midfielders against Burton

Comment

Completely agree mate. I wasn't having a dig at Manning, I think the kids gonna be a star. More a slight at the rest of them, getting shown up by a kid.

Hopefully the United kid Goss and Ravel will get the job done, tho I'm not sure where this leaves Luongo, possibly on the bench?
                I was saying this a few weeks ago during our losing streak. Everyone is so quick to blame the manager for everything but it's the PLAYERS who do the job on the pitch and as such need to step up and show what they are made of. They need to let their own ability and footballing nouse to shine through and take games by the scruff of the neck just like Manning has done. He definitely will be a star if those 4 games are to go by. Like a new signing.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Why does Les and his alleged mates get blamed for everything. Did Les and his mates choose to drop Manning and Mackie?? Did they also decide to play three holding midfielders against Burton
                  Wasn't talking about today just questioning whether the coaches are the best the club can employ.

Comment

Apologies Jeff

Comment

Thats ok. It was just in response to James1979 saying that it took Ollie to come in and see something in Manning that no one else in the whole club could see. Thats why i was questioning the ability of our coaches.

Comment

QUOTE=Romford Hoop;1605449]Honestly do not see the love fest sometimes on here with Luongo, just do not see his worth, never shoots, ducks out of 50/50 tackles, is slow and looks chunky, even when people post on hear that he was immense etc I still think I have missed something, do not think we would miss he at all, maybe he's just a marmite type of player.[/QUOTE]

As far as 'I'm concerned apart from the occasional game, Luongo has only really played well alongside Faurlin last season and Manning recently.

I really don't get the liking for him either as when asked to try and control the midfield or be a creative outlet, he fails.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                          He will get more chances, he showed some quality just was his first game. He was the best of the 3 today.
                          Well that something to look forward to

Comment

Working...
                          X