No announcement yet.

The best midfielder in the league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was not great at any point of yesterday so please don't make out he was that was a shower of a performance from him

I used to rate him and he a defender of him but I am really questioning if he's worth effort now as game just passes him by.

The guy has no engine or is wildly unfit as he's unable to recover and get back behind the ball when teams counter on him. Anyone at games in future watch him running back towards his goal he's literally crawling up the pitch as attackers breeze past him. i think this is perhaps why he don't get forward generally as he knows he can't get back

Whatever the reason he's not pulling his weight at the current time so he needs pull socks up or sit on the bench

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      Had a great second half and a terrible first half. Grow up and stop kneejerking. Call me out when it's relevant, not with sh it like this. You're better than that.
      REALLY not sure what game you were watching he didn't get much better, the best midfielder in the league my . The best at disappearing

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
        Luongo is poor in general, doesn't offer nowhere near enough. Not good enough to be defensive, not good enough box to box and not good enough as an attacking midfielder, so what's his role?

If this Goss kid is as good as the reports then Goss and Manning will be our central pair.
        Hope so Matty but somehow doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          He was not great at any point of yesterday so please don't make out he was that was a shower of a performance from him

I used to rate him and he a defender of him but I am really questioning if he's worth effort now as game just passes him by.

The guy has no engine or is wildly unfit as he's unable to recover and get back behind the ball when teams counter on him. Anyone at games in future watch him running back towards his goal he's literally crawling up the pitch as attackers breeze past him. i think this is perhaps why he don't get forward generally as he knows he can't get back

Whatever the reason he's not pulling his weight at the current time so he needs pull socks up or sit on the bench
          Totally accurate assessment.

Comment

Sounds like Luongo had a mare yesterday with most of the players considering we lost 2-1 at Home to a Burton team that really do have a league 1 team sheet!

The previous 4 games I personally think Luongo played very well. Definitely inconsistent in his performances but the lads a ok champ player.

Ollie took our fighters out of the team yesterday in Mackie and Manning and it cost us! Their infectious attitude onwprlong their nits off and fighting for the cause was lost against a team who have that in abundance to make up for their lack of quality!

Tbh with Goss arriving, probably Freeman and the emergence of manning and doughty also in the frame Luongo needs to find consistency because we now have healthy competition for his starting position!

Comment

He never played in the last 4 games. Played in 3 and was absolute tosh in the cup game.

Comment

Doughty is not the answer. Squad filler and coming off bench last ten mins fair enough. But if next season we want to be in play off shake up and we go in with doughty as one of our first choice Cm were screwed

Comment

Had a great second half
                  If that was a great second half we are in trouble

Comment

Goss and Manning for me from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Doughty is not the answer. Squad filler and coming off bench last ten mins fair enough. But if next season we want to be in play off shake up and we go in with doughty as one of our first choice Cm were screwed
                      Well be bottom 5 with doughty in the team. Agree, few minutes at the end of games

Comment

In general the usual suspects come out loud when a loss comes in. Luongo made more tackles than anyone yesterday, more successful dribbles than anyone yesterday, played more passes than anyone yesterday, only Lynch and Sylla won more in the air and this is for both teams as well. So if you want to call him out, be my guest, it's your right to. But to go out of your way in the middle of a game to make a thread just to call me out (something that's been happening more these days which I find hilarious) is a bit embarrassing on your part and shows me that you look forward to a failure so you have something to moan about.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

In general the usual suspects come out loud when a loss comes in. Luongo made more tackles than anyone yesterday, more successful dribbles than anyone yesterday, played more passes than anyone yesterday, only Lynch and Sylla won more in the air and this is for both teams as well. So if you want to call him out, be my guest, it's your right to. But to go out of your way in the middle of a game to make a thread just to call me out (something that's been happening more these days which I find hilarious) is a bit embarrassing on your part and shows me that you look forward to a failure so you have something to moan about.
                          Bit embarrasing that you keep trying to defend the indefensible to be honest.

Comment

Stats show nothing in Luongos case yesterday, he had a very poor game as nearly everyone who was there in the stadium would agree, just do not see what he brings to the team and that judgement is made with my own eyes, do not need any stats to come to that conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
                              Stats show nothing in Luongos case yesterday, he had a very poor game as nearly everyone who was there in the stadium would agree, just do not see what he brings to the team and that judgement is made with my own eyes, do not need any stats to come to that conclusion.
                              Read my signature for why making judgements with just your eyes isn't enough.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by guy.dunstan View Post
                                Bit embarrasing that you keep trying to defend the indefensible to be honest.
                                Not in the slightest indefensible. As long as I have the numbers to support my view, I'll stick to it. You keep up just trusting what your eyes want to see alone, but you'll miss a lot. No one has perfect vision and suggesting otherwise would be ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X