Thoughts on the game today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought on the game today...

Feel like this is a really big game for us today for our confidence. Although its only Burton it will be massively important to keep that unbeaten streak going. Its vital that we dont lose today, we should be winning these games with ease so hopefully we go out there and impress. Would love for us to go out there and make a statement by winning by 3 or 4 goals.

Comment

It depends if we can adapt to a team playing 10 men behind the ball. If we can get the atmosphere the same as Foolham then we could give them a spanking.

Comment

I don't like people being over confident. 'It's only Burton' is a very harsh statement and although I expect a win today, Burton will be a hard nut to crack. They showed on several occasions this season that they can be a match for any team, so all I am expecting is for our players to play with the same determination as the previous four games so as to keep the run going and distance ourselves further from the bottom three.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
          I don't like people being over confident. 'It's only Burton' is a very harsh statement and although I expect a win today, Burton will be a hard nut to crack. They showed on several occasions this season that they can be a match for any team, so all I am expecting is for our players to play with the same determination as the previous four games so as to keep the run going and distance ourselves further from the bottom three.
          Not in anyway being overconfident at all. I'm completely aware of how well they've done under limited resources this year which is why I'm really hoping that we can break them down and get the win. Saying that, no matter how well they've done this season this is a game we should be taking 3 points from. Think it would be a massive boost in confidence if we get the win today. Slowly making progress.

Comment

Not sure about any atmosphere, gate 12,000 ish tops looking at ticket sales.

Comment

We've found form and goals. Playing a team 5 places behind us, at home. Nothing other than a win for me!
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

You have to be at the turnstile by 2.30pm for the pie and pint voucher for three quid. Scrub that then.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  You have to be at the turnstile by 2.30pm for the pie and pint voucher for three quid. Scrub that then.
                  Gets you in nice and early so you will need to buy another beer at full price.

Comment

I think we will win, not by a big margin as all games in this league are tough but maybe 2-0.

Comment

Button will make this a tough game for us but this is the exact type of match we need at home to make a statement and firm up our place in this league as a mid table team!

Lose this and we will be looking over our shoulder again! However win and 11 points gap to the bottom 3 takes pressure of everyone!

Comment

Working...
                      X