Team v Burton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team v Burton

Totally different to Reading and Fulham will we need to change the odd player to be take the game to them, may be the loan from Brigton to start but who to leave out, not sure on that, or leave as is and see how 1st half goes.

Not sure if good or bad news but Forest have asked for permission to speak to Clough this evening. Hopefully a bit of turmoil awaits them then !

Comment

No need to change the team tbh. I'd like to see lua lua start but this team have earnt their stripes. As it's burton at home we could probably push hall up 10/15 yards and leave it at that

Comment

If thete are no enforced changes I would expect it to be the same starting 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
          Not sure if good or bad news but Forest have asked for permission to speak to Clough this evening. Hopefully a bit of turmoil awaits them then !
          Nidge would walk over hot coals all the way down the m1 for that job. Lets hope hes in charge by Saturday.
          Though saying that, last club with no manager beat us earlier in the season.....so prolly wouldn't make any difference whatsoever seeing as we are QPR.

Comment

If we can't play two up top at home to burton we never will drop hall from midfield back into defence and go for it

Comment

Should be same team and see how it goes.

Comment

Over 80% of teams play one up front. Our midfield isn't strong enough to play with just two. Keep it similar and make it 4 wins from 5

Comment

Originally posted by furlong29 View Post
                  If we can't play two up top at home to burton we never will drop hall from midfield back into defence and go for it
                  Our current system seems to be a 532 when defending that can transition into a 4123 when attacking.

Comment

I think this is where are new system may get into trouble unless we change. I don't think we can play as we did vs fulham, reading and expect it to work. Burton will not have 70-80% of possession against us. Hall is great in the midfield role when we're on the back foot. However, I"m still not sure if we want to be the ones dictating the game that you want him playing there.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                      Our current system seems to be a 532 when defending that can transition into a 4123 when attacking.
                      As I see it too, very fluid and I like it.

I would personally stick with the same starting 11 as Reading & Fulham.
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                        I think this is where are new system may get into trouble unless we change. I don't think we can play as we did vs fulham, reading and expect it to work. Burton will not have 70-80% of possession against us. Hall is great in the midfield role when we're on the back foot. However, I"m still not sure if we want to be the ones dictating the game that you want him playing there.
                        I agree. Hall has been excellent in that position of DCM/CB and its worked a treat in games we're looking to counter attack. We need more guile to break Burton down tho, so either Hall goes straight into midfield and we push Manning and Luongo further forward or Hall goes back to defence and we find someone else further forward, maybe Mackie behind Sylla and Lua Lua in for a start?

Comment

Id like to see if we are attacking...3-5-2 and give our fullbacks a rest

----------------------Smithies---------------------

-------Onuoha---------Hall-----------Lynch-------

Wszołek----Luongo---Goss---Manning---LuaLua

-----------------Sylla---------Mackie------------

Comment

I'd go for the same 11 we had v Foolham, hopefully with Goss on the bench.

Comment

Working...
                            X