Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support

Holloway responds to QPR fans jeering of Gladwin:

“Gladwin’s gone back to Swindon and scored a goal because the Swindon crowd like him. I don’t feel he (Gladwin) can ever score for us when they keep on chanting at him like they did when I gave him a chance.

Is it rocket science? Are Bolton that far away from us? How can he play for Swindon and score a goal? Work it out yourselves. If you had a teacher who screamed at you ‘you’re crap, you’re rubbish, you’re crap, you’re rubbish’ could you actually achieve anything? I don’t think so.

That’s all I heard and I thought it was unfair and I’ve got to loan him back. I was getting pelters. It’s really annoying. I don’t mind that you pay your money and you like certain people and don’t like certain people, but just shout to the ones you do like.

That wouldn’t half make my job easier instead of picking him up from the floor. I had to pick him up by his braces a couple of times. Is he that bad? I don’t think so. Has he got a chance here? I don’t know if people are taking to him like that.”

Read more: http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/i...-gladwin-floor

Make him so right. Hes not shy is he our Ollie. Ha.

Comment

Support

Can we talk about that - is Holloway ########ting us the fans?

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/i...-gladwin-floor

Comment

Getting on the back of our own players is counter productive but people are like sheep and join in with others who are mindless. Same happened with Dave Bardsley but he turned it round despite the fans, not because of them, to play for England.

Comment

Booing your own players is plain stupid ! Never understand why it is done. He is only saying what many of us think.

Comment

To be fair, as much as I don't think Washington will do it for us, I still cheer him on at games and hope he does. I think most fans I've seen at games still cheer for him in the hope that he does succeed.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Agree with Ollie on it, mindless from a small section of our fans.

If the booing were for somebody like Payet at Wet Spam, I would be all for it, but if it is simply because fans don't think they're that good, it's totally counter productive.

Tbf though, other than Henry and Gladwin, I don't think anybody boos other / groans about other players?
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Last player I booed was Michael Meaker after he put his tenth cross into the loft. Get frustrated at games but I don't boo

Comment

So Washington has had 24 starts and 15 sub appearances for a return of 3 goals. How much more patience is IH wanting.He has had his chance and not taken it. Continuously manages to hit the
                  goalkeeper. He was signed on the back of one good half season. Should now be left as a sub and see if less pressure helps.

Comment

Nobody is gaining anything from this.
                    Now, what can we members of this board do to help IH in this matter?
                    Can we somehow do or say something on all forums - kind of a piece talk amongst fans.
                    We need Conor to do well - it is only him and Sylla

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                      So Washington has had 24 starts and 15 sub appearances for a return of 3 goals. How much more patience is IH wanting.He has had his chance and not taken it. Continuously manages to hit the
                      goalkeeper. He was signed on the back of one good half season. Should now be left as a sub and see if less pressure helps.
                      Marked as a BOOer

Comment

To be honest, when Gladwin came on against Derby, I thought the boos were because Chery went off.

Totally agree though, unless it is Bosingwa or SWP it is VERY wrong to boo your own players.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          To be honest, when Gladwin came on against Derby, I thought the boos were because Chery went off.

Totally agree though, unless it is Bosingwa or SWP it is VERY wrong to boo your own players.
                          Agree that sometimes the booing is actually because fans disagree with the choice of player coming off i.e. Sylla against Reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

I boo who the hell I want. Paying over 30 quid to sit and suffer dross ball served up from drossball Jimmy gave me the right to boo.

The delicate little flower is on around 10k per week, if he makes no effort I will book the prat, simple as.
                            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Sorry, .your last message was about gladwin.
                              Regarding color, yep he tries. I would not boo him because he is shyte. I will just groan
                              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                              X