No announcement yet.

Video calls for refs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I seem to be the only person who doesn't want this in place. Once you start down this route how far do you to take ? for goals, for penalties, for sendings off, for handball, for off the ball incidents, for offsides.

How far down the leagues are you going to take this idea

Comment

using videos for the important decisions like penalties, goals scored while off side and sending offs should improve the match experience for everyone.

Comment

http://www.calciomercato.com/en/news...twice-vi-68352

It works !!

Comment

So simple to do. And stops players hounding the referee in an instant. Took less than a minute to do in both cases to get the right decision. It would have taken that in most cases just for the ref to calm down players hounding him about whatever decision was given. They have been doing it in rugby for years with massive success and limited cost so this is a no brainer.

Comment

new refs are taught the most important thing a ref has to do is to keep the game flowing , the game has worked in favour of the big sides for years . example eden hazard likes to run at defences when he is running side by side with a defender he leans across the defender and goes tumbling down . he does this time and time again and wins free kicks and penalties . chelsea fans call this a 'skill' i call it cheating , how would a ref see it and would he have the bottle to book hazard at stamford bridge if he deems it diving/ cheating

Comment

there should be one coaches challenge each half - which you lose if unsuccessful - the coaches in American football throw in a red flag.

its tricky we don't want the game to slow down but the refs as struggling to keep up with the game.

Also Mic them up like other sports! they may be understood more if you could hear the reasoning behind their decisions

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                I think I seem to be the only person who doesn't want this in place. Once you start down this route how far do you to take ? for goals, for penalties, for sendings off, for handball, for off the ball incidents, for offsides.

How far down the leagues are you going to take this idea
                Far from it. It's a ridiculous idea. It's just pandering to TV companies and armchair fans. When you're at a game you can see how fast and frenetic it all is and you just accept the officials do their best..... last thing I want is live in-action interfering from up in the stands.

It would be far better to come up with ways of eradicating cheating, diving and conning from the game - these are the things that makes a ref's life untenable and lead to the argument that refs "need help". Use footage to retrospectively throw the book at any instance of cheating... even things like a player shouting "our ball" when he knows he was one who played it out into touch. I dunno how football has allowed such wanton lying, conniving and disrespect to be acceptable??? It's really weird how the more money you chuck at footballers the angrier, snarlier and more despicable they become year on year

Comment

It was used in the friendly internationals this week. Came into play in Paris. Video ref was a busy boy, key decisions were made in play that were simply incorrect. Remember this is at international level where officials got it wrong in real time. On the evidence of that game, it would be ludicrous to not have it at the highest levels.

People say over a season things even out, but that wont necessarily happen in major tournaments. Been around for ever in cricket, where on the whole it works well, and a fair while in rugby where it can be more controversial - largely because the ball may not be visible in key moments, so you can spend three minutes reviewing something with inconclusive results. But the great thing about rugby is that the refs are miked up, you can hear them talk through their decision making process at key moments with the fourth official. That can add to the drama.

Problem with football is that no mic on the refs and no technology means poor decision making continues unabated.

Comment

If football was a new sport it would have
                    all the technology

Comment

Working...
                    X