Potential interest in Ned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    That's just an attempt to support an argument though haha, you're more hoping that he's slipped under the radar than actually expecting him to have.

Also Kelvin was signed in our champ season so I doubt he was on more than 25k at any point.
    Bottom line is it's a pretty safe assumption to make that he was on a very decent wage. You would've had to have been under a rock during that period of time to think otherwise.
    His former teammate (barton) would have let him in on the potential earnings here. He was coming from a club where he was already on a large wage, so why would he take a large paycut going from one prem club to another.

Another thing to note - he signed a new contract in the summer of 2015. I'm sure he would have moved on had we offered him significantly less than his previous deal as he had offers at the time (Norwich iirc).

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
      Never been his biggest fan but I like the look of Ned and Lynch at the moment, they are beginning to look a decent pairing.
      Also allows Hall to slot in and out of the backline depending on the situation.
      I would've been happy to see Ned leave earlier this month, but this new system depends on he and Lynch as the partnership.

Comment

What people suspect he is on doesn't make it true. There is a lot of good evidence and reasoning to suggest that his most recent contract isn't anywhere near what some might believe, firstly when he signed his new contract, the club were not offering the same sort of wages when he 1st signed, and secondly even he must realize that his level of performance hasn't justified big money, just look at where Hoilett has ended up as an example. However I have not seen the details of his contract so mine like others is pure speculation

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
          Your money would go up over time not down!!

Sensible clubs include relegation clauses, pretty sure it was claimed we hadn't. I'd hazard a guess he's on minimum 40k a week.

Personally I'd like to see him move on. Never been that confident in him, hence Nervous Ned. If he stays no probs, handy player to have, but my preference would be to shift him out.
          Exactly my thoughts too mate.

Comment

Originally posted by TimPR78 View Post
            What people suspect he is on doesn't make it true. There is a lot of good evidence and reasoning to suggest that his most recent contract isn't anywhere near what some might believe, firstly when he signed his new contract, the club were not offering the same sort of wages when he 1st signed, and secondly even he must realize that his level of performance hasn't justified big money, just look at where Hoilett has ended up as an example. However I have not seen the details of his contract so mine like others is pure speculation
            Good reason and evidence to suggest that he would take what is more than likely a 50% paycut?
            Also, that's naive to think players/agents would base their wage demands on how they have played during the previous weeks/months/season.
            It backfired on Hoilett. He was hoping we would offer similar to what he was already on and there was a lack of interest from clubs that could offer the the same sort of amount. It's the reason he didnt have a club until as late as he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
              Good reason and evidence to suggest that he would take what is more than likely a 50% paycut?
              Also, that's naive to think players/agents would base their wage demands on how they have played during the previous weeks/months/season.
              It backfired on Hoilett. He was hoping we would offer similar to what he was already on and there was a lack of interest from clubs that could offer the the same sort of amount. It's the reason he didnt have a club until as late as he did.
              What I'm saying is people speculated about his wages when he first signed and most got their ideas from the press, who are quite well known to elaborate on the truth. Secondly there was a point about the time in which he signed his new contract there was some interest from Norwich I believe, and maybe others. It might well have become apparent to his agent and to Ned what his next contract was likely to be and that others were not offering as much

Comment

Strangely, I think Ned actually enjoys being at the club and wants to play for us, so to take a wage drop is certainly viable (not 50% but I think the £40k quoted may be a little high).

I assume he would move from one prem club to another on less wages to actually get some first team football.

Either way, would prefer him to stay as he is a consistently good performer playing a vital part in a side who are performing well.

Worried if this release clause is true though.
                My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Loads of assumptions in this thread when in fact no one knows

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                    Strangely, I think Ned actually enjoys being at the club and wants to play for us, so to take a wage drop is certainly viable (not 50% but I think the £40k quoted may be a little high).

I assume he would move from one prem club to another on less wages to actually get some first team football.

Either way, would prefer him to stay as he is a consistently good performer playing a vital part in a side who are performing well.

Worried if this release clause is true though.
                    Not Neds biggest fan but wouldn't like to see him love without a decent replacement in place. I think Lynch/Hall is our best cb pairing but with Caulker ####ed again we are barren if Ned leaves. He has been playing quite decent in the Centre recently also.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                      Not Neds biggest fan but wouldn't like to see him love without a decent replacement in place. I think Lynch/Hall is our best cb pairing but with Caulker ####ed again we are barren if Ned leaves. He has been playing quite decent in the Centre recently also.
                      If there was a decent young replacement then yeah why not. No idea if there is such a replacement (with 6 montsh left on their contract you would have to assume). Kepp hold of til summer and then look for replacements?

Can't really see why Ned would turn down Celtic though

Comment

Might turn them down because come hell or highwater he seems guaranteed a starting place here. Maybe thats in his contract.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                          Might turn them down because come hell or highwater he seems guaranteed a starting place here. Maybe thats in his contract.
                          Don't think so, game he came back after getting sent off at Brighton he was on the bench and then came on and played the ballover the top for Pawel to score. Mind has gone blank who it was against and it was only a couple of weeks ago!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Loads of assumptions in this thread when in fact no one knows
                            Always amuses me when player's salary get bandied around. As if anybody on here would know what he did earn, now earns or what any other club may have offered.

Can see why he would take a cut in wages to be a first team regular. I like Ned, been a superb pro throughout his time here. Very decent young man judging from all I've ever heard about him.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                              Always amuses me when player's salary get bandied around. As if anybody on here would know what he did earn, now earns or what any other club may have offered.

Can see why he would take a cut in wages to be a first team regular. I like Ned, been a superb pro throughout his time here. Very decent young man judging from all I've ever heard about him.
                              Absolutely agree. As I said, the only reason I'm guessing his salary is because a recent article brought it up. He's a locker room leader and he's the captain ultimately. Proper professional and likes the club by all accounts.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

So nobody is allowed to guess or speculate who the biggest earners at the club are then?
                                I know our ticket money doesnt touch the sides, bit still think it gives us a slight right to discuss it on a message board.

Comment

Working...
                                X