Potential interest in Ned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Norths View Post
    Where does this idea come from that he is on much lower wages than when he arrived?
    His wage was reported as 40-50k a week when he signed, so can't get my head around it dropping by half during his time here. You wouldn't take a 50% paycut in any job, nevermind football when its not difficult to get a move based on reputation.
    And promoted to captain to go with your 50% pay cut.
    I dont believe hes not on big dough either nas mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      And promoted to captain to go with your 50% pay cut.
      I dont believe hes not on big dough either nas mate.
      Maybe that was part of the deal. You get captaincy and we can agree a lower basic deal perhaps with a high appearance fee given that you're captain.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Be very surprised if ned was pulling 20k a week. I'm
        Sure it's significantly more

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
          Be very surprised if ned was pulling 20k a week. I'm
          Sure it's significantly more
          That's understandable, I'm just going by the closest thing to official that we have and this article does make sense, especially given he re-signed to us.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Where does this idea come from that he is on much lower wages than when he arrived?
            His wage was reported as 40-50k a week when he signed, so can't get my head around it dropping by half during his time here. You wouldn't take a 50% paycut in any job, nevermind football when its not difficult to get a move based on reputation.
            Key word.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              Maybe that was part of the deal. You get captaincy and we can agree a lower basic deal perhaps with a high appearance fee given that you're captain.
              "What was that Les, captain? Never mind the £20k a week I'll be missing out on, why didn't you just say! Where do I sign..."

Yeah, c'mon Nas

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                Key word.
                Yeah, its not like we weren't throwing around silly contracts when he signed. Or that he didnt come from a club where he was already on a large wage.

Comment

Yeah, its not like we weren't throwing around silly contracts when he signed. Or that he didnt come from a club where he was already on a large wage.
                  But we never got suggestions that Ned was on high wages, we just made assumptions based on our situation. Right now, the closest thing we have to proof suggests that he's on 20k at most in terms of basic wages.

Comment

Nas, as for the article you've linked - methinks Ned has slipped under the radar there.

He and Caulker are definitely on more than the majority of the squad.

Only hope that we had the sense to bring Kelvins wage down with a take it or leave it offer last summer as i guess he would've on a nice amount compared to what we offer now.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      But we never got suggestions that Ned was on high wages, we just made assumptions based on our situation. Right now, the closest thing we have to proof suggests that he's on 20k at most in terms of basic wages.
                      So we're to believe an article that states the squad (not he) is on much lower wages, but not articles from when he signed?

Comment

Nas, as for the article you've linked - methinks Ned has slipped under the radar there.

He and Caulker are definitely on more than the majority of the squad.

Only hope that we had the sense to bring Kelvins wage down with a take it or leave it offer last summer as i guess he would've on a nice amount compared to what we offer now.
                        That's just an attempt to support an argument though haha, you're more hoping that he's slipped under the radar than actually expecting him to have.

Also Kelvin was signed in our champ season so I doubt he was on more than 25k at any point.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          Not sure we can really afford to get rid of someone with 2 goals and 2 assists !
                          Still more than Washington
                          "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Your money would go up over time not down!!

Sensible clubs include relegation clauses, pretty sure it was claimed we hadn't. I'd hazard a guess he's on minimum 40k a week.

Personally I'd like to see him move on. Never been that confident in him, hence Nervous Ned. If he stays no probs, handy player to have, but my preference would be to shift him out.

Comment

Never been his biggest fan but I like the look of Ned and Lynch at the moment, they are beginning to look a decent pairing.

Comment

Just got to wait for Ollie to say he hates him and would never of had him anywhere near this club later today and you know he's off.

Comment

Working...
                                X