MYU. The Banker Competition table is wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MYU. The Banker Competition table is wrong

You have declared Week 18 void. Can you explain why please? The competition went up on the 22nd Dec for the games on Monday 26th and Tuesday 27th Dec. I got a maximum with Villa 2-1 which was for the Villa Burton game. Lymehoop and furlong29 also got maximums with the Brighton QPR game 3-0.

You might have meant Week 19 when there were games on both the Saturday 29th Dec and Monday 2nd Jan. I asked in that thread to clarify which games were included. You said as it was Xmas, both lots of fixtures, but meaning obviously to only pick one game from either set of fixtures. All the entries for those games were people's banker home bets. There is no suggestion that people were trying to fiddle and get two chances of results for one. So can't see why that set of fixtures should be voided either.

These were your rules in operation at the time:

Rules:

1. Select a game from the Championship and name ONE team only at the weekend, that you think will win or draw and give the predicted score.

On a side note, I changed my name from Hardy to Olly recently, and never realised like you, to update my name in the competition league table. Week 14 I was on 8pts. Week 15, 16, 17, I chose Burton 1-0, Newcastle 1-0, and Wednesday 1-0. All wins but wrong scores, so 3 pts there. That makes me 11 pts. Week 18, I get Villa Burton right at 2-1, so 3 pts there for a total of 14 pts.

I am putting this thread up because Lymehoop and furlong29 will also want to know why you think game18 is void. Please try and get the table up every week. Thanks
    Last edited by Olly; 25-01-2017, 02:41 PM.

Have you lost PM function?

Comment

No, some of us may think this needs a public statement.

Comment

Well you do. It would probably have been courteous to drop him a PM and see what the situation is before starting a thread on it

Comment

Some people have way too much time on their hands

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
            Some people have way too much time on their hands
            Perhaps Olly/Hardy can take it over. That might help him calm down.

Comment

I have made some edits to the original. Yes, I understand that, but MYU has made a public statement some weeks later that Game 18 is void, so it merits a public explanation.
              Last edited by Olly; 25-01-2017, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
                I have made some edits to the original. Yes, I understand that, but MYU has made a public statement some weeks later that Game 18 is void, so it merits a public explanation.
                Olly, he should be online tonight sometime, or early tomorrow morning. I am sure he'll address this issue then. So no worries, I'm sure it's a simple and innocent oversight.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                  Perhaps Olly/Hardy can take it over. That might help him calm down.
                  I know he is busy, but I turned it down as I am busy too with a business. I also run a competition here, and it takes me 20-30 minutes to put up results every week. If you guys were in any sort of weekly competition or fantasy football league for example, and couldn't see results or league tables for weeks at a time, what would you think? Most people would want to check that they can see their winning results and updated tables every week?

Comment

I don't think the table is right either. I think had the table been updated weekly it would be accurate
                    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                    This morning's tempest I have to cross
                    I must be guided without a stumble
                    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

As you aware everyone knows it's a weekend competition, if you take a look at the competition on the link below, not as many played and I thought it wasn't fair on those who didn't see it.

Normally the competition gets onto two pages and week 18 was the only competition that didn't.

I think I also got a point that week, it's no big issue and we can add it, was just trying to make it fair for those who didn't know about it.

I'll update it this weekend, and by the way I'm playing but I'm not included for the prize.

Thanks for pointing your name out, I'll update that too.

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                        I don't think the table is right either. I think had the table been updated weekly it would be accurate

You can go through the weeks and check, if there are double entries then the first one counts.

Comment

If this is the appropriate place to state it, Myu my total points was added up incorrectly, as in the row points are more than the total stated.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                            If this is the appropriate place to state it, Myu my total points was added up incorrectly, as in the row points are more than the total stated.
                            I'll have to go over it again at the weekend, it's very easy to make a mistake.

Comment

it doesn't matter because i'm going to win it

Comment

Working...
                              X