Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holloway's remaining targets (with one week to go)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holloway's remaining targets (with one week to go)

He was asked on Sky post-match yesterday which positions he'd still like to bolster.

His answer was (3 players) right down the spine of the team. He said another CB as we lack enough cover there; another midfielder (hopefully by that he means a No 10); and another striker.

Do you agree with the gaffer's assessment, and if so, who would be your suggestions?

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    He was asked on Sky post-match yesterday which positions he'd still like to bolster.

His answer was (3 players) right down the spine of the team. He said another CB as we lack enough cover there; another midfielder (hopefully by that he means a No 10); and another striker.

Do you agree with that assessment, and who would be your suggestions?
    Yes, spot on I would say.

Comment

Says he will be buzzing if he gets the 3 he's after. Will we?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Do you agree with that assessment, and if so, who would be your suggestions?
        My guess would be

Luke freeman
        Sean goss
        Michael mancienne
        Omar bogle

Comment

What's the obsession on here with this pub player Bogle! If we signed him I'd be fuming. The idea of selling players and replacing them is to improve the squad. Selling Polter and bringing in Bogle is going massively backwards and a huge gamble. I bet 90% of the people who keep saying him never heard of him until November! Scores some goals and suddenly he's the answer, yet they're the same people moaning about Washington, who we signed on the same stupid idea!

If we're signing a striker from the lower leagues it has to be Gregory or Taylor, simple. Gregory has scored goals at this level and for fun in League One and Taylor has proved it again this season despite the rise to League One. Bogle may do the same but for roughly the same money, Gregory is a no brainer followed by Taylor.

Comment

When is Caulker out of contract and back from injury. If he's due back soon are we not top heavy at CB

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              When is Caulker out of contract and back from injury. If he's due back soon are we not top heavy at CB
              He's contracted until July 2018. He's out with ostensibly a hip injury. But the fact that Ollie says we're short in that area suggests he might be moved on this window. And, as we know, Ollie is no longer using Hall as an out-and-out CB.

Comment

I hope he doesn't mean a no 10 by midfielder. We need a proper box to box midfielder

Comment

i think bobby quack could be comming from gillingham
                  Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                    What's the obsession on here with this pub player Bogle! If we signed him I'd be fuming. The idea of selling players and replacing them is to improve the squad. Selling Polter and bringing in Bogle is going massively backwards and a huge gamble. I bet 90% of the people who keep saying him never heard of him until November! Scores some goals and suddenly he's the answer, yet they're the same people moaning about Washington, who we signed on the same stupid idea!

If we're signing a striker from the lower leagues it has to be Gregory or Taylor, simple. Gregory has scored goals at this level and for fun in League One and Taylor has proved it again this season despite the rise to League One. Bogle may do the same but for roughly the same money, Gregory is a no brainer followed by Taylor.
                    this! apparently taylor has a clause in his contract allowing him to leave for just over/under a million but gregory would still be my main choice due to his longer stay in the football league. he even scored 9 goals in the championship in his first season in pro football at millwall after transferring from halifax so already knows what the championship is about and he's only got better since the drop to league 1! he'd be the perfect fit for us up front.

apart from that a cb on loan would be a good shout until we reassess things in the summer. looks like we won't get hourihane though so we need to go after someone else

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                      I hope he doesn't mean a no 10 by midfielder. We need a proper box to box midfielder

We don't need a number 10 right now! Got to be as you said box to box or cm/dm imo! No luxury players just grafters with a bit of quality!

Comment

Would love us to go for Hourihane. Really don't see how we cannot even have enquired about him.

Comment

The little striker(name escapes me) who scored so many goals for Burnley, could we please get him in on loan from Liverpool?
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Danny Ings. Knee injury out for the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                              The little striker(name escapes me) who scored so many goals for Burnley, could we please get him in on loan from Liverpool?
                              Danny Ings.
                              Would be good but highly unlikely.

Comment

Working...
                              X