Statab0ll0cks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statab0ll0cks

Stats, just shows how pointless they can really be!!..... Fulham with all their tippy tappy passing b0ll0cks and possession stats, didnt exactly tell tbe real story over 90mins.

Well done rangers, good point against a good team. Couldve also been 3 points!
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Your right Fulham are good side but a lot of their possession seemed to be in their own half between back four. Think we really done well killing their wide play!

I love a dig your hills in dirty performance which gets a result
    Last edited by West Acton; 21-01-2017, 09:50 PM.

Comment

They were well on top in the 2nd half,1st half was very even,they did have way more of the ball than us but we defended well,over all I think we well deserved a point

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Your right Fulham are good stuff de but a lot of their possession seemed to be in their own half between back four. Think we really done well killing their wide play!

I love a dig your hills in dirty performance which gets a result
        Yep so true. At 1 point they had made 600 odd passes to our 150 odd passes, but yet we were 1-0 up and looking in controle!
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

They remind me a bit of Swansea in promotion season. Passing ball around the back simply for the sake of passing the ball

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
            Stats, just shows how pointless they can really be!!..... Fulham with all their tippy tappy passing b0ll0cks and possession stats, didnt exactly tell tbe real story over 90mins.

Well done rangers, good point against a good team. Couldve also been 3 points!

Possession is just one stat... there are hundreds of variables to look at and those tell the full story of the 90 minutes. You say they played x amount of passes compared to us, but that's just raw data, stats are the analysis of raw data. As you say, 670 passes from them to 206 from us. But that's related to their and our play style. We took fewer passes to reach their box than they did, so the stats show that we played the better fast break football and that validates the stats and the result.

Now, criticise their performance as much as you want and you'd be right to do so, but the stats actually explain the results pretty well, you've just taken one stat and tried to suggest that it is the whole story of the match.

For those who want a bit more

Stats showed exactly why we didn't lose. They held possession but didn't play cutting passes. With 75.5% possession they played 11 key passes leading to shots and with 24.5% possession we played 9 key passes. They gave away possession more than we did and that was their undoing, as shown by the goal, they made the only legitimate ball played error of the game. Those are stats, possession is a stat, it's not the only one and as I've said before, having more possession doesn't make you the better team. They got into our box 21 times and we got into theirs 24 times and look at the possession. It's much more complex than just "They had triple our possession and drew with us, stats are useless."
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
            X