Grant Hall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
    Strange OP as the system seems to be working. Hall and Lynch if only two though for me.
    Agree
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Hall isn't a quality player! Composed, good in the air and does the simple things brilliantly! I just hope he doesn't get pinched in the summer by a prem club as I think Holloway is building a decent te here and one that could push for play offs next season!

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
        Hall isn't a quality player! Composed, good in the air and does the simple things brilliantly! I just hope he doesn't get pinched in the summer by a prem club as I think Holloway is building a decent te here and one that could push for play offs next season!
        Que? Is he not a quality player?
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
          Que? Is he not a quality player?
          lol predictive text on the mobile!! Does my nut in

Of course I meant he IS a quality player!

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
            Strange OP as the system seems to be working. Hall and Lynch if only two though for me.
            Well I posted that when he was playing midfield. Now he seems to be playing a sweeper / midfield role which is fine. I just don't want him as 1 of 2 or 3 midfielders

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
              Well I posted that when he was playing midfield. Now he seems to be playing a sweeper / midfield role which is fine. I just don't want him as 1 of 2 or 3 midfielders
              Was about to say that. Bumped from 3 weeks back this post I think?!!

Hall is about the best player in the squad for me (with the exception of Smithies). Was very surprised when Ollie started playing him in the midfield. Also not a huge fan of wing backs, 5-3-2 or 3-5-2.

That said, what Ollie is doing right now is working. He has reasonably mobile full backs on each side and a intelligent, talented player in Hall that is able cover the 2 centre halves when required and push out into the midfield when we're pushing forward.

I also don't think you can compare our current tactics to the days when Ollie played Santos or Palmer in the middle. The current set up is different and far smarter. Hall is also a far, far better footballer than either Santos or Palmer were!

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                lol predictive text on the mobile!! Does my nut in

Of course I meant he IS a quality player!
                Ok
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Was Hall part of the Ramsey era at Spurs of was he prior to that??

Comment

Makes loads of sense having Hall as CDM.

Comfortable on the ball, can tackle and provides Luongo and Manning security behind them so they can go forward. Then also can slip in as a 3rd CB when we are on the backfoot.

Comment

Hall, Lynch and Smithies should be the backbone of our side for the next 2-3 seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                        Hall, Lynch and Smithies should be the backbone of our side for the next 2-3 seasons.
                        Amen to that

Comment

According to a post on dot.org it could be that Hall will be ready for the Blackburn match. Good news, if true.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Working...
                          X