Ollie - The Best Man For The Job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    Its so weird and i cant explain it, we aint having any possesion but are winning and drawing and still looking the better team. How does that even compute?
    Ask Leicester last season.

Comment

Its so weird and i cant explain it, we aint having any possesion but are winning and drawing and still looking the better team. How does that even compute?
      Five reasons, from what I can see:

1) High press (the game JFH attempted but failed at).

2) Game management and counter attacking football. This is where stats can be misleading because majority of possession means little when it's not in dangerous areas.

3) Playing to our strengths and knowing our weaknesses. Ollie said post-match that ultimately he would like to play more in Fulham's style but realises he doesn't have the players available to play in that way. So he's prioritised building a strong team spirit first and getting the team shape right.

4) Committed players who believe in the cause and won't stop running and playing for their manager. E.g Wzsolek, Mackie, Manning, Lynch, Hall, Luongo, Smithies, Ned, Bidwell, Furlong and Washington. Again, huge credit goes to Ollie for this.

5) "Clearing the blockages" in Ollie's words, IOW getting rid of players that didn't really want to be at the club, and bringing in players who do, especially bringing through Manning and reintroducing Furlong and Doughty.

Comment

That word shape, forgot that. Shape was superb again today. Every man stayed in his position the whole game.

Comment

You don't need possession to win at this level. Even at the level above, there are teams who do quite well with limited possession, but at this level, if you can defend, you're in with a chance every single game.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Ffs he is ruining our weekends as not much to moan about.
            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Ollie has turned things around, we play as a team, we have a plan, we give 100% to a man, passion and belief installed. Feels good at the moment, long may it continue
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                Ffs he is ruining our weekends as not much to moan about.
                Ain't that the truth, us mods are having an easy time of it of late
                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                  Ain't that the truth, us mods are having an easy time of it of late
                  I can kick something off if you want mods just give me the wink

Comment

Don't high kick Mr motivator
                    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

• We need players and badly.
                      Treating a home draw with Fulham like a huge achievement shows that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        Treating a home draw with Fulham like a huge achievement shows that.
                        Not for me Kevin. I was really disappointed not to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          Five reasons, from what I can see:

1) High press (the game JFH attempted but failed at).

2) Game management and counter attacking football. This is where stats can be misleading because majority of possession means little when it's not in dangerous areas.

3) Playing to our strengths and knowing our weaknesses. Ollie said post-match that ultimately he would like to play more in Fulham's style but realises he doesn't have the players available to play in that way. So he's prioritised building a strong team spirit first and getting the team shape right.

4) Committed players who believe in the cause and won't stop running and playing for their manager. E.g Wzsolek, Mackie, Manning, Lynch, Hall, Luongo, Smithies, Ned, Bidwell, Furlong and Washington. Again, huge credit goes to Ollie for this.

5) "Clearing the blockages" in Ollie's words, IOW getting rid of players that didn't really want to be at the club, and bringing in players who do, especially bringing through Manning and reintroducing Furlong and Doughty.
                          This. But might I add

6) No Chery slowing it up and forcing us deep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                            This. But might I add

Good point 77. As few of us predicted his exclusion from team would massively improve us and it had. Woeful player

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                              This. But might I add

No Henry helps too. Thought Luongo was a passenger for most of the game but defence played really well against a decent Fulham side. Nice to be in a full LR for a change too. A draw was a fair result and I would've taken the point before the game. So all in all a good day out. COYRs!

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                                Good point 77. As few of us predicted his exclusion from team would massively improve us and it had. Woeful player
                                I don't think he's a bad player, I just think he wasn't the right player for what we were playing him as. As 77 said, he drops really deep to win the ball and we just get left with a gap because neither of our midfielders behind him would push up.
                                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                                X