Jamie Mackie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
    Mackie and the offsides was a little bit school boy yesterday in all fairness but it's no comcidence that our results have picked up since he's been back!

Him and pavel look to link up all the time on the counter and his non stop running and desire is opening up chances for us! Mackie stands for everything Ollie is building at QPR right now and probably after Smithies the first name on the sheet!
    This!

Comment

Not Mackie's best game yesterday.

Pretty evident to me that he's lost a yard of pace in the last few years. Perhaps a factor in why he's starting his runs too early!

Comment

When we are in a rut, his qualities come out. When we are on a bit of a run, his weaknesses get highligted.

Cant have it both ways chaps, we know his limitations and I'd much rather have him in the team than not

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Just felt that the ball was out the keepers control for long time. I have not seen replay so take above views as correct
          I'm with you west said at the time I thought he could have slid in for that.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
            No disputing that but offside all the time & bad decision making is hardly going to help the team is it?
            since mackie has been back in the team are results have improved

Comment

Second name on the team sheet for me at the moment. After Smithies.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                since mackie has been back in the team are results have improved
                Is there an echo around here here here?

Comment

I'll stick with my original assessment from his first spell here. Great guy shite footballer.

Do I want him in the team right now? Yes

Does he offer us something different? Yes

Would I like a better quality player signed in his place? Yes

Simple as that for me. Helping out a poor side for sure, but as soon as better quality comes in I'd want his position covered. It's just his chicken head decision making. Drives me nuts. Literally has no football brain, just an effort & good attitude type mentality.

Sorry!

Comment

mackie bugs , hassles and upsets defenders . it's common knowledge he runs down blind alleys at times and is not as skillful as others but he makes things happen. always gives 100% and inspires others . you have to earn being a crowd favourite it's not a given

Comment

I could be a crowd favourite in that case as I could do all that. Anyone with a bit of fitness and who gives a crap could in fact.

It's not enough I'm afraid. He needs to get back on that training ground and get schooled in final third decision making.

Don't get me wrong I really really like Mackie but I want him to switch on more. Simple as that really.

Comment

I could be a crowd favourite in that case as I could do all that. Anyone with a bit of fitness and who gives a crap could in fact.

It's not enough I'm afraid. He needs to get back on that training ground and get schooled in final third decision making.

Don't get me wrong I really really like Mackie but I want him to switch on more. Simple as that really.
                        Our fans love a trier, always have.

To be honest though, I'd take a Jamie Mackie type who gives his all over someone like Tjaron Chery any day of the week!

Comment

Agree Dave but he's reverting to type in his headless chicken role and that's no good for anyone.

Needs to use his brain more and not his 'instinct'
                          Always has been a headless chicken, and his touch at times is awful , but you cannot fault him for effort , but a limited footballer with energy being 80% of his game, but he's straight out of the Holloway mould,

Comment

Yesterday was the first time I've ever seen him attempt a stepover to beat a man instead of just kicking it past him and hoping it bobbles back into his path. The right sorta player for us now but there will need to be improvements to him soon.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

mackie is more than just a headless chicken who just chases everything for us, he actually has a voice and imo is the real captain on the pitch. every game i've seen him in since he's come back he's been more vocal than anyone and his experience in this league is vital imo. he's not someone who can just be easily replaced atm as a new signing can't be a club stalwart overnight, it takes time and respect from the players on the pitch all of which he has.

he's crucial to our team atm and hopefully stays injury free

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                                mackie is more than just a headless chicken who just chases everything for us, he actually has a voice and imo is the real captain on the pitch. every game i've seen him in since he's come back he's been more vocal than anyone and his experience in this league is vital imo. he's not someone who can just be easily replaced atm as a new signing can't be a club stalwart overnight, it takes time and respect from the players on the pitch all of which he has.

he's crucial to our team atm and hopefully stays injury free
                                Sorry but Ned's response to them pushing Manning over - for me - shows that he's the leader of that team. Mackie is loud and runs a lot but it does come across at times as a bit headless. He's been really good and long may he keep it up, but Ned is still very much the captain on the pitch, off the pitch and everywhere.
                                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                                X