Good point.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
    Done really well but as you say Sylla just doesn't offer enough. Lazy too.

Slightly concerning the amount of possession we give up but things are looking a lot better than a month ago. Smithies an absolute legend.
    I thought Sylla did put the effort in and got a few good touches. A pretty useful player, but maybe impact sub type?

Comment

This was a match which many of us would have feared us getting beaten badly not too long ago, I think Ollie has got us going in the right direction making us harder to beat!
      @gatorTFC

Comment

Just see star we only had 24% of ball it never felt like that sitting there thought it was even

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Just see star we only had 24% of ball it never felt like that sitting there thought it was even
          You were deffo off your ti ts.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper View Post
            That's a great point. We're just lacking quality on the break. If we had more skill on the break we would have won that. The defence are class now. Playing with heart now.
            Definitely playing with a bit of heart now. Nice to see a bit of fight (literally) at the end there, on & off the the pitch. Been missing that passion for quite a while now.

Comment

I'm a little bit confused because I thought we were very poor today: lost possession all the time, didn't put two passes together and our attacking game was as bad as ever. Yet all the others here seem to think we played well? Funny game.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                I'm a little bit confused because I thought we were very poor today: lost possession all the time, didn't put two passes together and our attacking game was as bad as ever. Yet all the others here seem to think we played well? Funny game.
                You are clearly not used to well executed pressing counter-attack football.

Comment

Yea I'm on the side of disagreeing with you but I can see why you think that. Think the gameplan was to pressure their defence into making a mistake by playing high balls and having runners. Basically exactly how we scored our goal. This was the point going into the season too, that JFH didn't have the type of player to play a more possession based game and Ollie is following through with that, just adding some heart (Having Mackie back at his best has helped a lot too).

I thought for that first half, we made them look absolutely amateurish. Passing around with no real goal and not being comfortable whenever we got close to them. Luongo and Manning doubling up on players and Mackie joining in. On any other day we'd have scored more as well.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Certainly the game plan was the same as at Reading but there we had about 10 good counter attacks, but today - 0?

Comment

Certainly the game plan was the same as at Reading but there we had about 10 good counter attacks, but today - 0?
                      We had three of four good counters we just chose wrong option

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        We had three of four good counters we just chose wrong option
                        Yeah passing to Sylla.

Seriously though, there was a lot of breaks and Mackie was always just marginally off side. Some were so close.

Comment

We scored from one fella.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                            We scored from one fella.
                            Was that a counter attack?

Comment

Good point, well earned
                              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                                Great point. To think a few weeks ago they would have done a Toon on us so we are gradually improving. 13 points for the last 4 games...cant knock it.
                                Take it maths wasn't your strongest subject

Comment

Working...
                                X