Trump's Inauguration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    It's got nothing to do with the 'democratic process' Stan. How does that prevent me from having an opinion about what Trump's up to? Am I not allowed to judge him because he was elected?
    I don't think anyone can truly judge or form an accurate opinion until at least 100 days into the position. That's all I was saying.

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    Personally, as I'm sure you know, my opinion of the so-called democratic process is rather low. The two-party system is Hobson's choice. Sure, if you're a fan of governments then by all means, support that process. For my money, we've moved past having these governments of corrupt politicians dictating the terms of our existence. This is how I see it:

You don't need politicians in a world where direct action can drive society over a connected internet. In a capitalist system where money is power, intermediating politics will always become corrupt unless absolute transparency and accountability is built into the core of the system.

The quicker society rejects the present idea of 'government as management' and replaces it with an IT team building an open source public auditable social network that handles societal organisation and decision making, the less painful it will be to end up there.

It seems clear to me that big governments, already desperate to control the internet, the money supply (taxation) and the populace, will revert to the only other option on the table: totalitarianism.

If we're brave enough to come together despite the constant divide and rule messages from the media, we can achieve something completely new.

I know which option I'd prefer.
    Interesting views as always mate.

Comment

Thanks mate. Despite what I say, I'm still an optimist at heart, and will retain an open mind on all this. It's just some of the stuff I've seen and read recently I've found appalling.

Comment

And yet he seems untouchable, worrying times ahead

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...echnique-media

Comment

Odious toad of a man who has made a career of sh*tting on those with less financial clout than him. How the US public couldn't see that is beyond me. But then again, if your competition is that utter thunder c@nt Hillary Clinton then I guess all you have to do is show up.

All we can hope is there is enough dirt kicking around to impeach him if he does try and do anything utterly terrible. Whilst a lot of his antics so far have been unsavoury, he hasn't started world war 3........yet!

Comment

I've read all sorts of different opinions about The Donald, I'm trying to keep an open mind about him - although my natural urge is to despise him. Some people are saying that he really is delivering, despite what the mainstream media are saying - but the MSM are desperate to cover it up. People are saying he was wire-tapped (basically, who wasn't the NSA wiretapping?) When he said he was going to drain the swamp, some people say he's referring to the pedophile ring at the heart of US politics. Podesta/Pizzagate etc.

What's fascinating is that the 'deep state' agencies, the IA, FBI etc. seem to be openly against their president. This is unprecedented. We've entered a new age, a new paradigm here, and I believe it's because Trump in the first president to actually speak the truth about the deep state and the government on a number of issues, whereas past incumbents have always toed the line. Clearly, this has deeply upset said agencies. I've also read there is a huge battle taking place between various factions; the establishment, represented by Clinton, is still trying to usurp him, and the MSM are on that side. On the other side are those trying to free the US from the tentacles of the 'vampire squid' as Goldman Sachs (and by extension all bankers) is known, and all that goes with the corporate cabal that has been running the show too.

From a neutral-ish perspective it's fascinating to watch, the wheels and cogs of the deep state machinery being properly revealed for the first time. Equally, it's fascinating to watch the US president unafraid to ruffle any feathers, ignoring all diplomatic protocol. Things are definitely being shaken up!

Trump's position on many things (like the wall, like the refusal to accept climate change) - on the other hand - I find absurd, but perhaps that's part of his game. There's also the analysis that Trump is employing the same method of distraction and use of contradictory messages that Putin employs, to keep people constantly guessing, making it impossible for opponents to know exactly what the plan, or any plan is.

What we can be in no doubt about is that change is afoot in the geopolitical landscape - massive change. The Brexit vote was really the starting gun for all of this - it was so unexpected by the establishment that they still haven't caught up with what's really going on. If ordinary people see (as they have now seen) that they can give the establishment a kicking, they can effect change (whether that's illusory or not in the bigger picture), it's a whole different ballgame, since this is only the beginning of that awareness, not the end. It means all sorts of things could and might happen that were totally unpredicted and unpredictable a mere 12 months ago.

Comment

I backed Trump over Hilary but as time passes I have become more convinced that Trump is another "shill" like all those that have come before him.

But I suppose once the newly elected president is taken into the back room of the back room and shown the JFK assassination from angles never seen before, you can understand why they play ball
              Last edited by Hove Ranger; 22-03-2017, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Agreed Hubs.......would be fascinating to watch if there wasn't so much at stake.

The climate change denial particularly infuriates me. As you said earlier in this thread, over 97% of the planets best scientists agree that climate change exists and is a serious threat to our species. Yet the most powerful political figure on the planet chooses to ignore that because it doesn't sit well with his agenda.......scary, scary times when people with so little intellect can get themselves into positions of such power!

Comment

tbf when 97% of the "best" scientists agree on anything I am automatically sceptical.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                    tbf when 97% of the "best" scientists agree on anything I am automatically sceptical.
                    I'll let Richard Dawkins answer this one for me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eob371ZgGoY

Comment

My scepticism is not rooted in whether science works

Comment

Working...
                      X