Trump's Inauguration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    I've got to say some of what Trump has done already, and his cabinet are doing and saying, is so repulsive it makes me sick to my stomach. I'm all for genuine libertarianism (not the conservative so-called Christian BS kind), but these guys are not only thick as ####, they're neo-fascists as well.
    Due to personal circumstances I haven't had the time to keep up to date with what's being going on Stateside apart from knowing that the US is supposedly a democratc country and like him or loathe him, he was voted in. The people who are protesting against him should accept it, wipe their mouths and see what happens. A few of the things that I've been told, admittedly second hand by work colleagues, regarding immigration and trying to protect jobs for his own people rather than outsourcing them. I agree with these policies and would like to see them implemented here. I may be jumping to conclusions, but before I get labelled a neo Nazi, I used to live with a British born black girl whose parents came here from the also belieives that the majority of the influx of asylum seeekers we have today are not legitimate refugees but with a hope he if he f*cks up he was electedeen

Comment

I edited my last post but the site logged me out and didn't autosave my response, hence it seeming like the ramblings of a madman. Mods do you have the version that I wanted to post?

Comment

Well Kev, the list is long.... what made me genuinely sick to my stomach is Trump and his cabinet's views towards women and towards anyone who doesn't have white skin; this man's views, white supremacist Jared Taylor - who is a major Trump supporter (however I have no doubt plenty on here will agree with him), I'm talking about the hypocrisy of a man in a country his forebears took by force, trickery and genocide from the native people, claiming it is his country - the same as Trump does. These views are by and large Trump's views:

Furthermore, Trump has already cut funding to, among many, many others:

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the DOJ’s Violence Against Women programs.
        * On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the National Endowment for the Arts.
        * On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the National Endowment for the Humanities.
        * On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.
        * On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Minority Business Development Agency.
        * On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Economic Development Administration.
        * On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the International Trade Administration.
        * On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Manufacturing Extension Partnership.
        * On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Office of Community Oriented Policing Services.
        * On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Legal Services Corporation.
        * On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Civil Rights Division of the DOJ.
        * On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Environmental and Natural Resources Division of the DOJ.
        * On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
        * On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy.

These are the kind of things that benefit ordinary people or people who need protection.

Furthermore his defiance of scientific fact in regard to things like climate change... all this and more has made me angry. But at the same time, it's made me happy. Happy because all this dark, ignorant ######## is now out in the open, for everyone to see. And for that I am grateful, because like lancing a pus-filled boil, all this suppressed bigoted idiocy needs to come out and be seen in the clear light of day for what it truly is. Better out than in I say, so let it all come out and then we can decide what we want, as humans, to happen on this beautiful planet we are so fortunate to live on.
        Last edited by Hubble; 27-01-2017, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Do you think climate change is more of a threat than isis then?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            Do you think climate change is more of a threat than isis then?
            Absolutely. Beyond doubt by any measure. What threat is ISIS really? Has it affected you? Who created ISIS anyway? You have to know the geopolitical history of all of this to know what kind of game is being played out here. They are just one in a long list of bogeymen that the US has created and funded in some form or other. Climate change threatens all of our existence.

Comment

I'm more worried about someone I know being blown up or run over by a lorry than the summer lasting a bit longer if I'm totally honest mate. But in truth both evils are highly unlucky to ever affect any of us.

Is climate change proven as being any more real than isis?

Comment

I'm more worried about someone I know being blown up or run over by a lorry than the summer lasting a bit longer if I'm totally honest mate. But in truth both evils are highly unlucky to ever affect any of us.

Is climate change proven as being any more real than isis?
                Only by 97% of the world's scientists. I don't want to go into another long explanation of all of this because we already had a long, convoluted thread on this, but suffice to say all the evidence points to devastation from climate change in the relatively near future. Mass extinction is already underway for 40% of all wildlife, massive deforestation continues apace, and as global temperatures rise and sea-levels rise, living space and arable land will rapidly diminish. I'd say it was a threat.

Comment

Sounds terribly selfish and I'm only saying it for effect, but the diminishing rain forest in a few hundred years is much less worrying to me than that planned bomb in Westfields the other month. Left and right will never agree. So it's all a bit pointless mate.

Comment

Sounds terribly selfish and I'm only saying it for effect, but the diminishing rain forest in a few hundred years is much less worrying to me than that planned bomb in Westfields the other month. Left and right will never agree. So it's all a bit pointless mate.
                    The statistical chances of you suffering from a terrorist attack in this country are smaller than the chance of you dying by being attacked by a cow. We're not talking a few hundred years mate, we're talking decades at the most. I'm not sure what left and right has to do with it.

Comment

Whats the chances of dying by climate change in animal terms? Attacked by a ladybird?

Comment

Whats the chances of dying by climate change in animal terms? Attacked by a ladybird?
                        Now you're just being silly. But if you want a statistical animal analogy, famine will do.

Comment

Peace mate. Peace.

Comment

Hubs, are the 63 million Americans who voted the Donald in all off their rockers? Basically that's most of the middle part of the nation. Do you respect the democratic process? I'm no huge fan of his personally, but he's barely got his feet under the desk. Reckon I'm going to reserve judgment for at least 100 days to see how things pan out.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                              Hubs, are the 63 million Americans who voted the Donald in all off their rockers? Basically that's most of the middle part of the nation. Do you respect the democratic process? I'm no huge fan of his personally, but he's barely got his feet under the desk. Reckon I'm going to reserve judgment for at least 100 days to see how things pan out.
                              It's got nothing to do with the 'democratic process' Stan. How does that prevent me from having an opinion about what Trump's up to? Am I not allowed to judge him because he was elected? Personally, as I'm sure you know, my opinion of the so-called democratic process is rather low. The two-party system is Hobson's choice. Sure, if you're a fan of governments then by all means, support that process. For my money, we've moved past having these governments of corrupt politicians dictating the terms of our existence. This is how I see it:

You don't need politicians in a world where direct action can drive society over a connected internet. In a capitalist system where money is power, intermediating politics will always become corrupt unless absolute transparency and accountability is built into the core of the system.

The quicker society rejects the present idea of 'government as management' and replaces it with an IT team building an open source public auditable social network that handles societal organisation and decision making, the less painful it will be to end up there.

It seems clear to me that big governments, already desperate to control the internet, the money supply (taxation) and the populace, will revert to the only other option on the table: totalitarianism.

If we're brave enough to come together despite the constant divide and rule messages from the media, we can achieve something completely new.

I know which option I'd prefer.

Comment

However, this from May, I like (if true):

"May argued that a new “special relationship” would be nothing like the one between Tony Blair and George W Bush, which saw the pair collaborate in invading Iraq and Afghanistan. “The days of Britain and America intervening in sovereign countries in an attempt to remake the world in our own image are decisively over.”

Comment

Working...
                                X