No announcement yet.

Sylla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever heard the saying 'you're only as good as your last game' some on here could do with remembering that.

Yea he's ok, but he's nothing special. Needs to up his work rate two fold. Doesn't give enough for me, at all.

Comment

• I thought he did ok today. We look toothless without him

Comment

• Service. Service. Service.

Comment

• Thought he worked hard and did well particularly in the 1st half. Bit more composure in front of goal needed.

Comment

• Looked like a thin Seb Polter today!

Comment

• thought he held the ball up quite well but his work rate is poor , his movement is poor and he doesn't move defenders about, he's far to static making their jobs easier . doesn't jump properly against CB's so loses a lot of 50/50 headers

Comment

• Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                thought he held the ball up quite well but his work rate is poor , his movement is poor and he doesn't move defenders about, he's far to static making their jobs easier . doesn't jump properly against CB's so loses a lot of 50/50 headers
                Which is more or less Ollie's view too. Decent goal ratio for us so far but does need to up his game, and needs more competition in his position which Ollie is seeking to address this window.

Comment

• Originally posted by Olly View Post
                  Service. Service. Service.
                  Nothing to do with that yesterday, he had plenty of service. His work rate was shocking, which I didn't expect from him.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Lineker, Rush, Fowler, Shearer, Owen right back to the likes of Greaves and Law did fook all except stick the ball in the net and no one ever called them lazy. Sylla will get goals by sticking his head or foot in, being on the front foot and taking a chance on the ball coming to him. If we put the ball in there regularly and he disappoints then criticise. We don't. There were calls on here for Nugent. Until we start creating more he would have been no different.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                      Lineker, Rush, Fowler, Shearer, Owen right back to the likes of Greaves and Law did fook all except stick the ball in the net and no one ever called them lazy. Sylla will get goals by sticking his head or foot in, being on the front foot and taking a chance on the ball coming to him. If we put the ball in there regularly and he disappoints then criticise. We don't. There were calls on here for Nugent. Until we start creating more he would have been no different.
                      to mention sylla in the same post as those greats doesn't make sense

Comment

• Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                        to mention sylla in the same post as those greats doesn't make sense
                        It does if you see what I'm getting at.

Comment

Lineker, Rush, Fowler, Shearer, Owen right back to the likes of Greaves and Law did fook all except stick the ball in the net and no one ever called them lazy. Sylla will get goals by sticking his head or foot in, being on the front foot and taking a chance on the ball coming to him. If we put the ball in there regularly and he disappoints then criticise. We don't. There were calls on here for Nugent. Until we start creating more he would have been no different.
                          100% agree with this from start to finish. The comparisons are justified too because he's not comparing the quality of players but the type of players.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            100% agree with this from start to finish. The comparisons are justified too because he's not comparing the quality of players but the type of players.
                            Or you get someone who can do both a la Austin? If your playing loan striker you need to have the work rate too

Comment

• Originally posted by RobertoQPR View Post
                              Or you get someone who can do both a la Austin? If your playing loan striker you need to have the work rate too
                              Why do people keep suggesting Jordan Rhodes for us then as he don't work hard just scores

One of my favourite Rangers strikers in recent history was Andy Thomson done SFA but had the nack of scoring when ball went in the box

Comment

football was a completely different style of game back then compared to nowdays. can't just hoof the ball to strikers and hope for the best now as most teams only play with the one striker and 5 midfielders

Comment

Working...
                                X