Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THAT goal at Wolves! Just sensational!

Comment

His goal against Wolves at Molineux. Cracker.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Remember him as being slightly better than average WHEN he could be bothered.

Never seen a player jog round a pitch in such a laid back fashion before or since.

Always looked like he needed a rocket up his proverbial to get him moving. Had a good eye for goal if the ball fell at his feet, just didn't try too hard to make things happen.

Comment

Originally posted by easthertsr View Post
          THAT goal at Wolves! Just sensational!
          So good it took me 3ft out of my seat and I completely forgot I was sitting in the main stand
          with the wolves fans (only way I could get a ticket on the day).
          I'm not sure if they were more stunned by the goal, or the eijit going mental on his jack jones in the middle of their stand. Had about 100 people staring at me in disbelief before most turned around
          and joined in with round of applause their fans gave it.

Absolutely dog #### performance, but I was there and saw that goal

From 7 mins 30 secs - enjoy!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rPHiAZ5ogbo

Comment

Originally posted by Golborne View Post
            So good it took me 3ft out of my seat and I completely forgot I was sitting in the main stand
            with the wolves fans (only way I could get a ticket on the day).
            I'm not sure if they were more stunned by the goal, or the eijit going mental on his jack jones in the middle of their stand. Had about 100 people staring at me in disbelief before most turned around
            and joined in with round of applause their fans gave it.

Absolutely dog #### performance, but I was there and saw that goal

From 7 mins 30 secs - enjoy!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rPHiAZ5ogbo
            seeing who co-commentator was got me thinking of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2irZdyr4-RI

Comment

Better Dj than footballer, lovely goal at wolves mind. Smashing hair !!
              Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Top lad Dan, massive Rangers fan.

Made a good living for himself over in Toronto. He's a superstar over there as he scored the first goal in their history.

Comment

Amazing goal vs Wolves that probably got him the move to Italy. I'd still be dining out on that goal if I scored it.
                  I know people will say that if the criteria for wearing the shirt was loving Rangers we'd all get a game, but I do miss having proper fans in the team. Knowing it meant as much to them as it does to us.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                    Top lad Dan, massive Rangers fan.

Made a good living for himself over in Toronto. He's a superstar over there as he scored the first goal in their history.
                    He's done really well over here, I was chuffed when TFC signed a QPR player and as you mentioned, he scored the 1st goal in the club's history, we have a special song for him in the 24th minute to honour that goal! He works for Toronto FC now and does media work on the EPL broadcasts! Legend!
                    @gatorTFC

Comment

Have good memories of him, not a bad player really and was sorry to see him leave us.
                      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I went with a Wolves fan to that game and had to sit in with them. Then that goal.....and I could do nothing, I was about to explode!

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                          I met him on a Club 18/30 holiday in Magaluf in 92 ( might not have been Magaluf 92 ,we done 18/30s from 89 to 94 but i`m sure it was ), he must have been 18 ish ,a few years younger than us,and had not yet broken into the first team ,the rep introduced us ,as in our group 4 or 5 pf us were Rangers , he was a really friendly lad , into all the things going on in the early 90s rave scene ! He seemed genuinely pleased that we were all R`s and was happy to take the agg we gave him ( because as far as we were concerned it was fine for us to be off it ,but he had Rangers to think about !).
                          As a player ,he was bang average though and we was well shocked when he got his move to Italy .
                          Still ,ive got good memories of the Hammersmith Horse ,for the Club 18/30 holiday
                          Love that story mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                            I actually liked him. Played up front with Gallen hen they both broke through from the youth team. If memory serves me correct his was the first British player to move on a Bosman.
                            Me too. I never understood the complaints about him.
                            He had a good partnership with both Gallen and then Spencer.
                            Yet somehow that fool of a manager preferred Hateley.
                            Spencer thrived alongside Dichio but struggled somewhat alongside Hateley and then Sharon.

Who can forget the draw at Port Vale where Hateley started before a Dichio inspired comeback saw QPR come back from 4 down to draw 4-4.
                            Both Dichio and Spencer scored in that and the former I think played a part in all 4 goals.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                              Me too. I never understood the complaints about him.
                              He had a good partnership with both Gallen and then Spencer.
                              Yet somehow that fool of a manager preferred Hateley.
                              Spencer thrived alongside Dichio but struggled somewhat alongside Hateley and then Sharon.

Who can forget the draw at Port Vale where Hateley started before a Dichio inspired comeback saw QPR come back from 4 down to draw 4-4.
                              Both Dichio and Spencer scored in that and the former I think played a part in all 4 goals.
                              Dichio didn't score in that 4-4 mate. Holwyn OG, Impey, Murray, Spencer.

Amazing, looking at that 1996/7 season, there were only two non-British players in our entire squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                                Dichio didn't score in that 4-4 mate. Holwyn OG, Impey, Murray, Spencer.

Amazing, looking at that 1996/7 season, there were only two non-British players in our entire squad.
                                Didn't he head it down for the equalizer? Remember him having an impact.....you're probably going to tell me he didn't play now!

Comment

Working...
                                X