Justin kluivert.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justin kluivert.

Son of the famous Patrick, he looks a player for the future or even now. I know we arent going to sign him, there's about as much chance of me winning the lottery tonight, but it makes me wonder if we are going the wrong way about recruitment. Personally, I would invest every penny into the youth set up , as it would work out cheaper for the club and we could actually make a profit like our only success Raheem sterling. Just seems the men in charge dont have a clue about what they are doing

Slight odd timing given we won away to a team high up the table with 4-5 youth players in the team/subs bench...

Comment

And there has been a shift in how we recruit to young players, with everyone banging on about youth etc.

Comment

I would say we are concentrating on youth and producing our own players.
        This season we have had Shodipo , Kakay, Manning, Niko, Furlong, Doughty and Comley all play. Plus Petrasso is on his way back. I don't think our youth side has been more fruitful in any other period of my lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
          This season we have had Shodipo , Kakay, Manning, Niko, Furlong, Doughty and Comley all play. Plus Petrasso is on his way back. I don't think our youth side has been more fruitful in any other period of my lifetime.
          Is Petrasso injured?

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
            Is Petrasso injured?
            Yeah has been injured all season, played his first minutes at all past few days for under 23's.

Comment

Ridiculous, just because his dad was world class, doesn't mean we need to look for relations. We aren't gonna run him in the grand national ffs. Why we are at it let's sign Brooklyn Beckham because his dad was also world class
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                Surely you're missing the wonder years with Shimmin, Baidoo, Bailey, Kanyuka & Jones in 06/07

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                  Surely you're missing the wonder years with Shimmin, Baidoo, Bailey, Kanyuka & Jones in 06/07
                  :D I remember being really excited for Kanyuka but he was almost permenantly injured intially. Less excited but just as injury prone Shimmin.

Baidoo has gone on to be a musician I think, I read somewhere he sings grime music.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                    Don't forget Kieron St Aimie, who scored against Celtic in a pre-season friendly and did very little else
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

He will be a good player no doubt , not just because his dad's famous �� ye we might have youth players but how many of them are actually first team quality ? Apart from furlong nothing we have produced has been any good , so it's all well and good saying we have youth players , every team does , the important matter is if they are actually any good .

Comment

Originally posted by qprmarc View Post
                        He will be a good player no doubt , not just because his dad's famous �� ye we might have youth players but how many of them are actually first team quality ? Apart from furlong nothing we have produced has been any good , so it's all well and good saying we have youth players , every team does , the important matter is if they are actually any good .
                        Bit weird, Manning looks different level in the 3 games he's played.

Comment

Furlong's only good cos of his dad

Comment

Originally posted by BarryBarry View Post
                            Furlong's only good cos of his dad
                            Total bo!!ocks

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                              Bit weird, Manning looks different level in the 3 games he's played.
                              Granted Manning has been impressive, but how many players apart from him and sterling have been brought through our youth system and been any good in the last 10/15 seasons ? How come loads of other clubs can bring through half decent players . I mean Fulham in our own borough managed to bring through a few, Chris smalling for example , not the greatest but still made a decent amount of money on him. Our scouting system simply isn't good enough , I mean we are even being outdone by Brentford, the amount of profit they have made on Andre gray and scott Hogan alone.

Comment

Working...
                              X