No announcement yet.

Yaya Sanogo (Arsenal Striker)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really feel that Sylla has shown enough to justify being our lead striker, not just at Reading etc. but since he got a regular run.

I wouldn't want to bring in a 'name' striker from a big club and risk the happy dressing room. it would be good to get some back up, or someone that can play off Sylla, or work in rotation. Don't forget we've got the eternally running Mackie and a Washington, that despite being universally dismissed (by me too), has a chance to play in a team that actually gets the ball in the box, and plays together (if Reading was anything to go by), so we never know he might come good? No one denied his work rate.

Sonogo or Bamford would need to come with some kind of guarantee of 1st team football you'd think? For that reason of the names suggested so far i'd actually go with Campbell.

But surely there's other, perhaps better options out there?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
      True I suppose. I remember people turning their noses up at Kane when his name was mentioned for us.
      Ludicrous when you think about that now mate.

That said, I got a few Millwall mates. He played 20 odd games there and they said he was decent but weren't convinced he'd cut it in the Premier League, let alone go onto play for England. Funny old game!

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
        I really feel that Sylla has shown enough to justify being our lead striker, not just at Reading etc. but since he got a regular run.

I wouldn't want to bring in a 'name' striker from a big club and risk the happy dressing room. it would be good to get some back up, or someone that can play off Sylla, or work in rotation. Don't forget we've got the eternally running Mackie and a Washington, that despite being universally dismissed (by me too), has a chance to play in a team that actually gets the ball in the box, and plays together (if Reading was anything to go by), so we never know he might come good? No one denied his work rate.

Sonogo or Bamford would need to come with some kind of guarantee of 1st team football you'd think? For that reason of the names suggested so far i'd actually go with Campbell.

But surely there's other, perhaps better options out there?
        Agree that Sylla definitely has done enough to justify being our first choice number 9. Disagree that we don't need another number 9 of equal standard. There are a lot of games in this league, suspensions and injuries will happen regularly!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Really poor mans Kanu

If he is what we're looking to bring in I would rather not waste the money and go with what we have. I'm amazed no one has suggested bamford think that's a win win
          Bamford 'Yes please'!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
            Agree that Sylla definitely has done enough to justify being our first choice number 9. Disagree that we don't need another number 9 of equal standard. There are a lot of games in this league, suspensions and injuries will happen regularly!
            Not saying we need a lesser, and am saying that we need another. Just not someone who expects to walk in as our first choice.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
              Not saying we need a lesser, and am saying that we need another. Just not someone who expects to walk in as our first choice.
              Ah ok, misunderstood.

Agree with you there. Everybody should earn the right. Ollie has shown the door to all those that think they can swan around around and still get picked every week, not that there were many left.....in fact there might have only been 1!

Comment

We should have signed Wood from Leeds last year
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Sylla is better right now, but Sanogo was a beast at youth level until an injury. Arsene obviously think it'll click again, not sure it's worth the risk though. Not sure Arsenal would loan to us anyway.

Comment

he from the gus cesar school of striking
                    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                      he from the gus cesar school of striking
                      He's an absolute donkey, mate.
                      Most Arsenal fans I know see him as a joke figure.

Comment

you know we will give him a four year contract on big carrotts
                        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Working...
                        X