Positive signs from the kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positive signs from the kids

I know we were all really impressed with Furlong, Doughty and Manning over performances last night but what really made me smile was just how switched on they were to the game and killing it when they were under pressure. Both manning and Furlong nearly got disposed so went over and lay on the ball knowing the ref would blow and the break away prevented. Towards the end Doughty was just as crafty going up for a header but letting Reading player clatter him so ref gave free kick

Match craft is something I have moaned about for years as we always seem so thoughtless but last night these three operated like old pros killing the game when it was needed and I loved it

What a great performance by all especially from the youngsters, here's
    to plenty more this season. feeling emotional. COYRs

Comment

Loved it too and to give more credit to them both they're looking like players capable of playing in the first team on a regular basis, especially manning who is really staking a claim in the first 11 imo!
      Cant wait to see more from them especially shodipo!!!
      We had 4 youth products on the pitch by the end of the game yesterday too, incredible!

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
        Loved it too and to give more credit to them both they're looking like players capable of playing in the first team on a regular basis, especially manning who is really staking a claim in the first 11 imo!
        Cant wait to see more from them especially shodipo!!!
        We had 4 youth products on the pitch by the end of the game yesterday too, incredible!
        Manning reminds me of Gary Waddock, when he broke into the first team tenacious in the tackle but can pick a pass out too. Lovely to see and its been a fair few years since we had our own crop of players breaking into the first team and looking the part.

Comment

Hope Shodipo don't end up getting p issed off as he seems to be permanent fixture on the bench

Comment

Not quite sure what Shodipo has actually done wrong... Ollie don't seem to fancy him.

Comment

Working...
            X