pace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pace

no coincidence this was our best performance for yonks and was achieved without Henry and Chery. Both like the sideways, backwards, slow it down to a snails pace style of football. Replaced with searing pace of our forwards and more urgency from the midfield. Hopefully that style will put more bums on seats and generate some atmosphere at home
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Wszolek helps. Bloke is deceptively rapid.

Agree re. Henry and Chery. Btw what has Henry offered over the last 3 years that Doughty couldn't do? I know he only played 10mins last night but still......

Comment

I think it is not just pace but also the more direct type of football. As Reading showed last night you can pass a ball 1000 times but you need to get it in the back of the net. Holloway's style of play is very much the British style of play and we need to embrace that more.

Comment

Chery doesn't suit our playing style IMO, or the Championship. He's far too much of a luxury.

Comment

Pace was impressive last night but the organisation was key for me - everyone worked hard and, for once, knew exactly what they needed to do.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
            Chery doesn't suit our playing style IMO, or the Championship. He's far too much of a luxury.
            I've been a big supporter of his, but seeing us yesterday playing properly through the wings and really just taking the game to them, I've gotta say I was wrong on him. He's a good player but not a fast enough style of play for us.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              I've been a big supporter of his, but seeing us yesterday playing properly through the wings and really just taking the game to them, I've gotta say I was wrong on him. He's a good player but not a fast enough style of play for us.
              Good post and explanation

Comment

We worked as a unit and a team last night, every player put a shift in and knew their job - they knew their job was going to be more about what they did off the ball than on it last night.

The game plan worked to perfection and we were able to break at pace through Pawel and Furlong mainly.
                If Chery was playing I can't help but think he would of slowed our counter-attacking right down, had too many touches and wanted the ball too much.

Comment

If Pawal could find some shooting boots... blimey, he'd be a monster of a player! Still, he's handy enough as is - rest of team will hopefully gain confidence to regularly get forward and get on end of situations Pawal will undoubtedly create.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                    If Pawal could find some shooting boots... blimey, he'd be a monster of a player! Still, he's handy enough as is - rest of team will hopefully gain confidence to regularly get forward and get on end of situations Pawal will undoubtedly create.
                    To be fair to him, scored in 2 of our last 3 league games and one of them was great composure.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      To be fair to him, scored in 2 of our last 3 league games and one of them was great composure.
                      And 3 so far this season. Not a bad return for a winger, not to mention all his other attributes.

Comment

No I'm not moaning and his tap-ins are great. But, be handy if he could smash them in from 20yds after one of his scintillating bursts up field. He's got the pace and nippiness to create the yard he needs to get a shot off.... he just don't seem to have the confidence or predatory/selfish "No.9's" instinct to have a blast. As I say, it'd be sort of the icing on his cake.

Comment

Working...
                        X