Comley off again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
    We don't give youngsters a chance here Nas - he was on for a minute and I can't remember him touching the ball. Bet we never see Eze or Kakay again before they get shipped out and forgotten.
    Sorry mate, but that's tosh.

In this season alone with have had Shodipo, Manning, Hämäläinen, Furlong, Doughty, Eze, Kakay, Comley & Robinson all step up from the reserves or long terms loans in the lower leagues to get a taste of first team action. I reckon you'd struggle to find many sides in the top 2 divisions blooding more youngsters than that in half a season!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

In this season alone with have had Shodipo, Manning, Hämäläinen, Furlong, Doughty, Eze, Kakay, Comley & Robinson all step up from the reserves or long terms loans in the lower leagues to get a taste of first team action. I reckon you'd struggle to find many sides in the top 2 divisions blooding more youngsters than that in half a season!
      And Chris Paul

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
        And Chris Paul
        Did Chris Paul get a game? Must have missed that!

Comment

Did Chris Paul get a game? Must have missed that!
          I think he played in a league cup game. Can't remember him coming on for a league game but he's been on the bench.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            Loans does them the world of good imo.
            Totally agree. Look at how well Darnell has come back.
            He got a rough deal when he came into side, but then....think the best of defenders would struggle with Sanchez. Gone away, come back a better player, almost like a new signing.
            Also worked for players like Kane/Walker etc at Spurs, so yeah Loans work.

Comment

We don't give youngsters a chance here Nas - he was on for a minute and I can't remember him touching the ball. Bet we never see Eze or Kakay again before they get shipped out and forgotten.
              Bit harsh mate, as others have said, this has been our best season by a mile for youth entering the first team. Btw, just realising that we could have an entirely home grown lineup bar gk, cb and striker.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                How do you explain Manning etc getting games then?
                Who is the etc? Shodipo who hasn't had much of a chance?

Comment

All regular names? Let's see how many appearances they clock up. I'd like to see them all get a proper chance.

Comment

All regular names? Let's see how many appearances they clock up. I'd like to see them all get a proper chance.
                    If they're good enough, im sure they'll play mate.

I'd say Manning has done enough to stay in or around the match day squad for the reminder of the season, probably Shodipo too and personally, I already prefer Furlong to Perch. The rest, let's see but Ollie has already said positive things about Doughty and Eze.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      Bit harsh mate, as others have said, this has been our best season by a mile for youth entering the first team. Btw, just realising that we could have an entirely home grown lineup bar gk, cb and striker.
                      Lumleys a gk from our academy but injured atm and i thought eze was a striker haha he scores enough.

Gotta agree though, we're getting spoilt for youth products atm which is great as we haven't had any come through who looked capable of the first team for at least 10 years. Loaning them out to league sides is great news for us and any young footballer here.

All of the players that've come about this season have the potential to be first teamers for us and i'd be shocked if none of them do, i reckon at least 2 of them will become starters

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                        Lumleys a gk from our academy but injured atm and i thought eze was a striker haha he scores enough.

Gotta agree though, we're getting spoilt for youth products atm which is great as we haven't had any come through who looked capable of the first team for at least 10 years. Loaning them out to league sides is great news for us and any young footballer here.

All of the players that've come about this season have the potential to be first teamers for us and i'd be shocked if none of them do, i reckon at least 2 of them will become starters
                        Lumley is supposed to be decent but not sure he'll ever oust whomever is in front of him, Eze I think plays the role Chery was supposed to. I think haha.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                          Lumley is supposed to be decent but not sure he'll ever oust whomever is in front of him, Eze I think plays the role Chery was supposed to. I think haha.
                          Thought Eze was a front man myself!

Comment

Working...
                          X