Organisation and fitness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organisation and fitness

Cant remember seeing an Rs side as fit and as organized as we looked last night. Didnt stop running/tracking down/winning the ball back all night.

Everyone new their job, new what they had to do. The most organized the back line has been all season. Couldve put a ruller (a very large 1) across our deffence at 1 point, so in line with each other.

What a team effort. Well done the players and well done Ollie!
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

I agree and every single player put in a good shift, well done to the whole squad and Ollie's team. That goal was fantastic with one of the best passes I've seen this season from Manning - I'm a fan!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
      Cant remember seeing an Rs side as fit and as organized as we looked last night. Didnt stop running/tracking down/winning the ball back all night.

Everyone new their job, new what they had to do. The most organized the back line has been all season. Couldve put a ruller (a very large 1) across our deffence at 1 point, so in line with each other.

What a team effort. Well done the players and well done Ollie!
      The two biggest and most noticeable things last night.

Was so refreshing to see us actually pressing a team into having to make passes rather than just standing off of them and letting them dictate play, as you say, that requires fitness and although we looked jaded the last 15 we stood resolute and ground out that win. Well well pleased this morning.

Comment

If we carry on with this style and passion, who knows where we might end up. Top class all round
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Was noticeable that we were competing for and winning seconds balls which we never do

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Was noticeable that we were competing for and winning seconds balls which we never do
            Yep wS saying this to my pal in the ground , plus we were pressing quite high up the pitch and forcing Reading into mistakes . Great to see.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Reading had 5 off sides. Just shows that a defence all singing to tune can do.

Comment

First time we've Actually looked like a team with a game plan & system to play to and were rigid with a very good all round performance from 1 to 11

Comment

Without wanting to take too much away from Ollie and the lads we have to remember Reading played such a slow game that it made us look quicker and fitter. Credit to Ollie and his coaching staff for setting the game plan and the players for executing it but against a more direct and/or faster side we will see how we have progressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                    Without wanting to take too much away from Ollie and the lads we have to remember Reading played such a slow game that it made us look quicker and fitter.
                    I put that down to us, not them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                      I put that down to us, not them.
                      Agree totally that was down to us they like to play a passing game and teams are only as god as you let them play, normally there was a lot made about how many pases they made but probably 65% were backwards because we forced them backwards

Comment

Without wanting to take too much away from Ollie and the lads we have to remember Reading played such a slow game that it made us look quicker and fitter. Credit to Ollie and his coaching staff for setting the game plan and the players for executing it but against a more direct and/or faster side we will see how we have progressed.
                        Dying to say we only won cos they are so shite.

Comment

Any agree and can't take the credit away from team and players. They would have gone third had they won but we made them look ordinary and we made them play the way they did. Credit to Olly and team

Comment

Cant see Yeni fitting into this new high pressing game.
                            I reckon if we could shift him back to France we should,

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                              The two biggest and most noticeable things last night.

Was so refreshing to see us actually pressing a team into having to make passes rather than just standing off of them and letting them dictate play, as you say, that requires fitness and although we looked jaded the last 15 we stood resolute and ground out that win. Well well pleased this morning.
                              Yep still buzzing this morning. So good to be on a high after such a convincing win!.. yes weve won the last 2 league games and was well chuffed after them. But to win and be so in control away from home and against a team 3rd in the table. Asbolutely buzzing, really gives me hope!!!
                              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Working...
                              X