Luongo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Route One View Post
    Not sure what makes the odd game against Thailand and Iraq for someone else more relevant than the 50 odd games he’s had for us

People have made their mind up about him when he arrived and confirmation bias despite all evidence means they still try their best to stick by this despite all the evidence

If he played exactly the same way but looked like Celtics Scott Brown then people would act differently. But it seems clear the pre-judgements are set in stone for some
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Agree with all the criticism he gets on here, and have whinged about him constantly this season, but credit where credit's due, he put in a performance last night and more importantly for me he put in a performance for 90 mins. Didn't go missing last night. Now what he needs to do is the same against Fulham, and then again the following week and for the rest of the season. Then i might have to eat my words!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        Not at all mate.

I'm just saying that we utilise him completely differently to how the Australian national ream do. I also suspect that if we give him more license to get forward he will look a better player!
        I have seen him get forward for QPR on a lot of occasions but his shot or final pass have often come to nothing, part of the reason why the team has struggled to score and win games.

Yes he can tackle and run around but a top midfielder (for whatever level he is playing at) should be able to do more, such as passing accurately, shoot and score goals.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
          I have seen him get forward for QPR on a lot of occasions but his shot or final pass have often come to nothing, part of the reason why the team has struggled to score and win games.

Yes he can tackle and run around but a top midfielder (for whatever level he is playing at) should be able to do more, such as passing accurately, shoot and score goals.
          Midfielders don't all do the same job. Kante never scores but does all the running and tackling, intercepting to perfection. His passing is immaculate but then he doesn't run with the ball. Luongo tackles, runs about, intercepts, wins regularly in the air and dribbles beautifully. A top midfielder is someone who excels at his job. Luongo is doing exactly that right now.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by guy.dunstan View Post
            Agree with all the criticism he gets on here, and have whinged about him constantly this season, but credit where credit's due, he put in a performance last night and more importantly for me he put in a performance for 90 mins. Didn't go missing last night. Now what he needs to do is the same against Fulham, and then again the following week and for the rest of the season. Then i might have to eat my words!
            This.
            When I see good performances like Reading on a consistennt basis then I will hail him as a good midfielder.
            Until then I will just enjoy the win at Reading and thank him for his contribution.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              Midfielders don't all do the same job. Kante never scores but does all the running and tackling, intercepting to perfection. His passing is immaculate but then he doesn't run with the ball. Luongo tackles, runs about, intercepts, wins regularly in the air and dribbles beautifully. A top midfielder is someone who excels at his job. Luongo is doing exactly that right now.
              Agreed they dont all do the same job.

Kante scored 1 for Leicester in 37 games, plus 1 for Chelsea in 19. He also scored about 3 a season in the top League in France. Kante is also a box to box midfielder.

Immaculate passing really?

Dribbles beautifully, well why doesnt he dribble into the penalty area and shoot, create chances. You are trying to make him out to be a Kante and Messi (bar the goals) rolled into one.
              Last edited by stanistheman; 13-01-2017, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X