Luongo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
    I've given him pelters for going missing this season. Not last night tho, was superb. Seems to be linking up nicely with the new kid Manning. Also think the 4-3-3 system suited him perfectly.

Well played Mass.
    Agree he has gone missing in a lot of games (was he even out there on Saturday) but did play well last nigh t the system suited him with the 2 wide runners there was always somewhere to knock the ball with willing chasers

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post

Best

In

The

League
      REALLY where was he on Saturday,(missing) as I've said your estimation of him IMO is far too high, Descent player but goes missing more often than he's influential on the game

Comment

No where near the best in the league.

Potentially in the next season or so but not now - goes missing too often and isn't consistent enough yet.

Nasser's just got his blue and white tinted glasses on, again...

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          Ditto - he is nowhere near clinical enough to play no10.
          Maybe but from what I've seen, he looks for a pass rather than a shot.....can work on that though.

Has played for Australia as a number 10....personally think he can do it for us.

Comment

Best

In

The

League
            Haha I bet you enjoyed his performance last night mate.

If he put in that kind of performance week in week out you might be right.

Comment

Best

In

The

League
              Now cmon nass, I am a big Luongo fan but he is far from the best midfielder in the league. Shelvey, Colback, Dale Stephens and Knockeart to name a few off the top of my head are streets ahead of Massimo.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                Now cmon nass, I am a big Luongo fan but he is far from the best midfielder in the league. Shelvey, Colback, Dale Stephens and Knockeart to name a few off the top of my head are streets ahead of Massimo.
                This. But when I was thirteen years old I thought Martyn Busby was miles better than Graeme Souness. I even had a playground fight about it.

I'm just glad he finally turned up and was half decent for once. It's a start.

Comment

Very pleased Miss Luongo turned into Mass Luongo last night.

Let's hope he doesn't transition again.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                    Very pleased Miss Luongo turned into Mass Luongo last night.

Let's hope he doesn't transition again.

Comment

I'll stick with the bloke and keep up my praise haha, the guy went through a bad spell by his standards recently, but his movement with the ball is so phenomenal and his tackling is almost always perfect. He's not the player to play a cutting pass through the defence but he'll get the ball into that final third and take 3 or 4 players out of the game in the process. Yesterday was just another good performance this season. He'll have to do a lot to beat that Fulham performance, which was pretty much as close to perfection as you could ask for, but bar a 6 game spell when Ollie came in, he's been head and shoulders our best player this season imo.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I like Mass have always backed him and also think his best position would be higher up pitch in floating role. He's had up and down season but that's because we know what he can produce and he's been below that but he's young playing in a mans league so that consistency will come with experience

He's not however best midfielder in the league

Comment

Ooooofftttt BIG statement saying he has been our best player this season... I'd like to throw Smithies into the hat...

IMO Mass just needs to work on consistency into his performances, and his final ball/end product.
                          Last edited by West London is Rss; 13-01-2017, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                            Ooooofftttt BIG statement saying he has been our best player this season... I'd like to throw Smithies into the hat...

IMO Mass just needs to work on consistency into his performances, and his final ball/end product.
                            I should say outfield to be honest haha. Smithies has been phenomenal.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                              Have you seen him play for Australia?
                              Not sure what makes the odd game against Thailand and Iraq for someone else more relevant than the 50 odd games he’s had for us

People have made their mind up about him when he arrived and confirmation bias despite all evidence means they still try their best to stick by this despite all the evidence

If he played exactly the same way but looked like Celtics Scott Brown then people would act differently. But it seems clear the pre-judgements are set in stone for some

Comment

Originally posted by Route One View Post
                                Not sure what makes the odd game against Thailand and Iraq for someone else more relevant than the 50 odd games he’s had for us

People have made their mind up about him when he arrived and confirmation bias despite all evidence means they still try their best to stick by this despite all the evidence

If he played exactly the same way but looked like Celtics Scott Brown then people would act differently. But it seems clear the pre-judgements are set in stone for some
                                Not at all mate.

I'm just saying that we utilise him completely differently to how the Australian national ream do. I also suspect that if we give him more license to get forward he will look a better player!

Comment

Working...
                                X