Luongo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    I've said it before about the guy, better utilised going forward then in a defensive role. ing!
    Cant get my head around this argument. We’re talking about a player who has literally never scored for us and rarely gets an assist. On top of that he is the highest tackling player in the team and one of if not the highest in the league. That doesn’t sound at all like a player who is better going forward then defensively

The closets central player to the striker needs to score and also get assists as there is no doubt currently we don’t score enough. This is the position we most need to strengthen

Luongo’ best position is one of the two further back. Getting on the ball regularly, and then using his two main strengths of making tackles and carrying the ball forward quickly to create angles for more dangerous pass/break away counter
    Last edited by Route One; 13-01-2017, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Always rated him and thought he was wasted by playing in a midfield pair, Thought he was more suited to the advanced chery like role due to him being two footed. I hope we now use him as a front foot attacking player which will make us that bit more creative.

Comment

The boy was very good last night.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          Maybe for some mate, but some just enjoy digging players out and generally being negative.
          Very true ! Be fair though they've had a lot to be negative about for a long time , wait for somebody to post the regular where are the moaners funny don't see them when we win ! Nor we should when the team have given us a great battling display and something to crow about

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            Another good performance from him. Had way more good than bad games for us yet a contingent have gone out their way to dig him out after a couple of poor performances . Very good player and a starter for me whenever he is fit.
            He has been poor for most of this season though.
            He does have ability but does not apply it often enough.
            I stand by what I said about Faurlin as his partner. Perhaps Hall is the new partner to bring out the best in Luongo.
            I agree about how selecting Chery meant a deeper and less effective role for Luongo, and maybe it is not his fault but he certainly did not shine in anywhere near enough games this season to be in the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Route One View Post
              Cant get my head around this argument. We’re talking about a player who has literally never scored for us and rarely gets an assist. On top of that he is the highest tackling player in the team and one of if not the highest in the league. That doesn’t sound at all like a player who is better going forward then defensively

The closets central player to the striker needs to score and also get assists as there is no doubt currently we don’t score enough. This is the position we most need to strengthen

Luongo’ best position is one of the two further back. Getting on the ball regularly, and then using his two main strengths of making tackles and carrying the ball forward quickly to create angles for more dangerous pass/break away counter
              Have you seen him play for Australia?

Comment

Have you seen him play for Australia?
                Yes, a few times, but he hasnt scored for QPR yet despite having had a reasonable amount of chances and not that many assists either.

As for Chery getting the more advanced role so what.
                If Luongo wanted to he could have got hold of the ball, run at players to get into the poshons Chery should have. Even if thiscwent against JFHs tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                  He has been poor for most of this season though.
                  Very subjective mate, I have to disagree.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                    Yes, a few times, but he hasnt scored for QPR yet despite having had a reasonable amount of chances and not that many assists either.

As for Chery getting the more advanced role so what.
                    If Luongo wanted to he could have got hold of the ball, run at players to get into the poshons Chery should have. Even if thiscwent against JFHs tactics.
                    Ain't as straight forward as that though is it?

If the manager has told him to sit and he has no confidence in those behind him to cover he will be nervous about going forward. Imagine how much stick we'd have given the lad if he burst forward, gave it away and it cost us?

It's clear that a few have differing opinions than me on Luongo and I won't argue. All I will say is let's see what happens. I have a feeling he could be a different player with a bit more confidence and a license to get forward more often!

Comment

Had a very good game last night.

Still think he is a number 10 though

Comment

I've given him pelters for going missing this season. Not last night tho, was superb. Seems to be linking up nicely with the new kid Manning. Also think the 4-3-3 system suited him perfectly.

Well played Mass.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          Had a very good game last night.

Still think he is a number 10 though
                          Definitely not a number 10. But a more offensively minded player than what we've seen of him in my opinion!

Comment

Definitely not a number 10. But a more offensively minded player than what we've seen of him in my opinion!
                            Ditto - he is nowhere near clinical enough to play no10.
                            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Best

In

The

League
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Route One View Post

I feel, he will do much better now that he plays in a team where every midfielder has a distinct role to fullfill.
                                Last edited by Shania; 13-01-2017, 01:19 PM. Reason: Too emotional
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X