Luongo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luongo

Thought the guy had a stormer last night.

Wasn't man of the match but more than played his part.

His running with the ball provided a great outlet for us, if he gets his passing right and gets consistency in his game there is a top drawer player there.

I've said it before about the guy, better utilised going forward then in a defensive role. He's suffered as a result of previous managers insistence in playing Chery in the number 10 role, and as a result Luongo having to sit deeper. The way we lined up last night with Grant Hall sitting in front of the back 4, doing the ugly stuff allows Luongo a bit more license to get forward.

It wasn't however a perfect performance, he wasted a few balls in promising positions. I think if he gets a bit of confidence behind him, maybe a goal or 2 under his belt and can sharpen up his passing a bit, we might actually see the player we thought we were getting!

Comment

To me Luongo is the best player at the club. Best awareness of any player I've seen in a long time. Amazing tackling technique and brilliant stamina. Couldn't really understand the stick recently, despite his poor form.

Unreal player and without him we're a much worse side, especially away from home. Best signing in years.

Comment

Always rated this kid. Got brilliant feet and an engine, just hasn't reached his own potential this season. That was his best game for QPR IMO.

Comment

Good player and has ability. Will never be premier class because he can't shoot for toffee but certainly has plenty of other attributes
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Made some very important interceptions and tackles, maybe it is the Chery affect!
            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Another good performance from him. Had way more good than bad games for us yet a contingent have gone out their way to dig him out after a couple of poor performances . Very good player and a starter for me whenever he is fit.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                Good player and has ability. Will never be premier class because he can't shoot for toffee but certainly has plenty of other attributes
                Agree - that killer instinct in the final third is what let's him down.

Comment

He and Manning had good games was involved more and held their shape well best I've seen him team looked organised he looked organised

Comment

Finally turned up. Still needs his shooting boots, mind. Boy are things soooooo much better since Chery was ousted from the side.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                      Another good performance from him. Had way more good than bad games for us yet a contingent have gone out their way to dig him out after a couple of poor performances . Very good player and a starter for me whenever he is fit.
                      Don't disagree Matty but don't you think that's because they see he has ability but have been left frustrated by his reluctance to have any great desire to show any adventure to his game in an tempt to take the game by the scruff of the neck and show his willingness to get up and help the attack , well thats where I've been critical

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                        Don't disagree Matty but don't you think that's because they see he has ability but have been left frustrated by his reluctance to have any great desire to show any adventure to his game in an tempt to take the game by the scruff of the neck and show his willingness to get up and help the attack , well thats where I've been critical
                        Is that a "willingness" or is it just what he's been told to do? Guess we'll never know.

I've seen this lad play for Australia and I tell you, he looks a completely different player. Breaks into the box, runs with the ball, plays through balls and scores the odd goal. For whatever reason he's seemed a less dynamic player for us.

I put it down to not being given the license to get forward combined with a lack of confidence. Last night he benefited from having Grant Hall in next to him. Hall just sat nicely in front of the back four, dropping into defence if required but more often just chasing stuff down and breaking things up. I think it actually worked pretty well and I think we look a lot better for having 3 guys in the middle with and engine and a bit pace and running about them!

Comment

I want to clarify and state that I think that Luongo is a very good player. My wife is Australian and so I have seen bits of Australia games, and he looks very good for them. He has also scored goals for them. This is what he hasn't done for QPR and why I have criticised him. It could be a confidence thing, and when he gets his first, he will go on to get a handful every season.
                          If Mackie and Sylla (and the glimpse we saw of Eze) are going to continue how they played in the past week, then our midfielders don't have to score, it is just a luxury if they can. Part of the problem so far this season is that we haven't had a reliable goalscorer so there has been more criticism about players scoring goals.

Like every other QPR fan (this morning!) I think that we have a very good squad now that we have about 6 youngsters who are enthusiastic and talented breaking in, so we hopefully only need 2 players incoming to have a team that we can be excited about next year, and Luongo will be a key part of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                            Is that a "willingness" or is it just what he's been told to do? Guess we'll never know.

I've seen this lad play for Australia and I tell you, he looks a completely different player. Breaks into the box, runs with the ball, plays through balls and scores the odd goal. For whatever reason he's seemed a less dynamic player for us.

I put it down to not being given the license to get forward combined with a lack of confidence. Last night he benefited from having Grant Hall in next to him. Hall just sat nicely in front of the back four, dropping into defence if required but more often just chasing stuff down and breaking things up. I think it actually worked pretty well and I think we look a lot better for having 3 guys in the middle with and engine and a bit pace and running about them!
                            Your probably right Tarbie but we can only go by what we see like I've posted several times I see him in games and think oh great move then forget he's on the pitch for long periods whether it's his fault or as you say doing the managers asking he's left me thinking lazy barstod needs to liven up

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                              Maybe for some mate, but some just enjoy digging players out and generally being negative.

Comment

Working...
                              X