Three to the playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three to the playoffs

Three players we desperately need to compete, possibly for the playoffs: #1 striker, #2 creative midfielder; #3 left back.

Reckon Niko will be left back cover. Agree with the other two though.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Nah forget the play offs, I want to see us build a side around these young lads we have, clear out some more dead wood and gear up for next season.

Comment

Is this post for real? 3 games ago we were relegation certs. Our squad had zero talent and our manager was clueless. We win a few games and all of a sudden were play-off contenders?!!

Let's keep our feet on the ground. Mid table is realistic this season if we keep playing well. Anything above that would be a near miracle!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
          Is this post for real? 3 games ago we were relegation certs. Our squad had zero talent and our manager was clueless. We win a few games and all of a sudden were play-off contenders?!!

Let's keep our feet on the ground. Mid table is realistic this season if we keep playing well. Anything above that would be a near miracle!
          This hahahaha. I knew I'd wake up and see this kind of thread

Comment

There's nothing wrong with aiming 'high'

He was thinking like that because he was 'high'

Comment

Will be looking down not up for another month at least!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                Nah forget the play offs, I want to see us build a side around these young lads we have, clear out some more dead wood and gear up for next season.
                This, big time!!
                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Not sure about the left back. I think you'll see a lot of improvement from Bidwell now Henry's been shown the door. Give the guy a chance anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                    Three players we desperately need to compete, possibly for the playoffs: #1 striker, #2 creative midfielder; #3 left back.
                    I assume you mean for next season,this season we are in a relegation scrap,as are about 10 other teams

Comment

It's a funny old league. Reading if they had won would have gone third but they were woeful

In reality this league is not a hard one to master you need organisation, hardworking players and a goal scorer and you will be right up there

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        It's a funny old league. Reading if they had won would have gone third but they were woeful

In reality this league is not a hard one to master you need organisation, hardworking players and a goal scorer and you will be right up there
                        I think they are still 3rd west.

Have said before, this league is w@nk. Take away Brighton and Newcastle who are 2 very good sides, the rest are much of a muchness. Teams like Reading, Sheff Weds, Derby etc all up there and none of them are that good at all. As you say, all about being organised and working hard and having the ability to nick that goal to turn the draws into wins (albeit that is all easier said than done!).
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                          Excactly! Every time we win a game people start to speak about playoffs... and the very same are those who go mental when losing one! wtf... just get behind the team and manager and be patient! We need to replace few players with more hungry, talented players and grow them into stars! Ollie simply doesnt get given the money he need so it has to be done the slowly patient way!
                          got it??

Comment

Deluded!!!

Comment

I think the trick is not to get too high when we win, and not to get too low when we lose...

Comment

Working...
                              X