X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You mean Fleming MYU?

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
      If playing three centre halves at Reading, with Hall moving out when we had the ball, was his idea....hat's off.
      It wasn't. Played that Ollie's first game. Three at the back then Hall in midfield.

Comment

Compared to matches earlier in the season, I now notice less chaos in defence when we`re being played deep. Not sure that fact is purely a coincidence?
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

I think we've looked more solid at the back since Lynch came in and started playing regularly.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
            Have we had a discussion on him since he's started, not the the thread before he joined.

I was wondering if he has had any effect in the past few games, we're like a different team?
            If you mean Fleming then yes, discussed here yesterday.

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...ng-amp-Defence

If you mean Bircham, then nope,

Comment

If we buy Freeman I'd love to see hall move back into a cb partnership next to lynch!!

Furlong hall lynch bidwell is out best back four imo! I personally was very impressed with furlong! However got a feeling even if we bring in a cm Hall will stay as a cdm who drops back in next to lynch and ned when teams attack us, which in all fairness worked really well on Thursday!

Ned still makes me nervous though!

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                If we buy Freeman I'd love to see hall move back into a cb partnership next to lynch!!

Furlong hall lynch bidwell is out best back four imo! I personally was very impressed with furlong! However got a feeling even if we bring in a cm Hall will stay as a cdm who drops back in next to lynch and ned when teams attack us, which in all fairness worked really well on Thursday!

Ned still makes me nervous though!
                Ned's been a rock recently and still manages to pull off these ridiculous dribbles into the final third somehow and more importantly recover quickly. That block he made at the end was huge and his experience really helped when playing alongside Furlong. No way should he be dropped imo.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  Ned's been a rock recently and still manages to pull off these ridiculous dribbles into the final third somehow and more importantly recover quickly. That block he made at the end was huge and his experience really helped when playing alongside Furlong. No way should he be dropped imo.
                  Ned has been better in all fairness Nas! However, even against reading he gave the ball away a lot with long ball punts which often result with us immediately being countered and under pressure!

That surging run through the middle of the field still resulted in him losing the ball and us being countered why he candidly jogged back!

Hall and lynch are easily the best cb partnership at the club and personally I'd still sell Ned, get him of the wage bill and reinvest the money!

Comment

Ned has been better in all fairness Nas! However, even against reading he gave the ball away a lot with long ball punts which often result with us immediately being countered and under pressure!

That surging run through the middle of the field still resulted in him losing the ball and us being countered why he candidly jogged back!

Hall and lynch are easily the best cb partnership at the club and personally I'd still sell Ned, get him of the wage bill and reinvest the money!
                    I don't think he's on as much money as you think. I'm right now about 90% sure he's on less than 20k basic wage.

And that jog back happened because they weren't moving forward at all, their build up was so slow.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Spot on!
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

I don't think he's on as much money as you think. I'm right now about 90% sure he's on less than 20k basic wage.

And that jog back happened because they weren't moving forward at all, their build up was so slow.
                        20k ain't to bad if your right mate but I thought it was more like 30-35k but might be wrong!

Comment

20k ain't to bad if your right mate but I thought it was more like 30-35k but might be wrong!
                          I think his initial deal with us was but remember that he renewed when we started our new policy so I think he's gone down to 20k basic with appearance and clean sheet add ons that maybe total up to 30k on his best days. The independent article listed Sandro and Caulker as our only two players above 20k.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                            It wasn't. Played that Ollie's first game. Three at the back then Hall in midfield.
                            This wasn't the same. Hall moved to midfield after an injury, at Reading he played in a three and only went forward when we pressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                              This wasn't the same. Hall moved to midfield after an injury, at Reading he played in a three and only went forward when we pressed.
                              Think it was a red that pushed him further up more regularly in that first match but my understanding was that he was going to do the role he did against reading from the get go.

Comment

Incredible thread... just incredible.
                                I liked Fleming as a player but my concern was that extra coaching staff / back room numbers being brought in could put more pressure on Olly, some gaffers work well with a big team but it can be chaotic. Plus there was little evidence of Fleming's coaching prowess. We have no evidence that he introduced the more flexible back line approach, although he may well have had input into stuff like set pieces, calls etc.

One thing I do know. We are at least trying to play with the kind of flexibility that was completely absent under Jimmy and made us so predictable. What was really incredible were the many posts made by people trying to defend that kind of tactical thinking.

Comment

Working...
                                X