Our squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    When he went off we had no one up top who held the ball up and meant we dropped that bit deeper. All in all a very good performance and more positives than negatives which is not something we have said for a while.
    Definitely agree with that, I did think that was due to Mackie being empty rather than Sylla coming off though but as you say, a very good performance and no negatives for me but plenty of improvements that can and will come which is hugely encouraging.

Comment

Our current squad seems a decent size, and so perhaps shrinking it a little in the current window isn't a bad plan:

GK: Smithies, Ingram, Lumley
      DF: Bidwell, Hall, Onouha, Lynch, Robinson, Furlong, Caulker, Perch, Kakay, Hamalainen
      MF: Borysiuk, Cousins, Wszolek, Luongo, Petrasso, Shodipo, Prohouly, Manning, Doughty, Shodipo, Comley, Lua Lua
      ST: Washington, Mackie, Nasser El K, Yeni, Sylla, Eze

I am not including Gladwin as we have loaned himn out, and discounting Henry as it looks like he will be off

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDonGivens View Post
        Some thoughts on the squad:

Smithies - one of the best in the division.

Furlong - seems to struggle when put under pressure. Think we need more quality here.

Onohua - has good games, bad games.

Hall - certainly not a midfielder, but finest young centre half we've had for some time.

Lynch - exactly what we need, a no nonsense up and at 'em centre half

Bidwell - really begining to look the business.

Wysolek - looks a real peach. Hope we have an option to make permanent. Probably worth 5million if he keeps this up.

Luongo - finally begining to look like the player we thought we had signed. Probably relieved not be covering for Cherry losing the ball all the time.

Manning - I wonder just how good this fella will get. Seems to have a real head on his shoulders.

Mackie - back to his best, exactly what the squad needs right now.

Sylla - bits of real quality but plenty of room of improvement - a couple of times tonite he failed to pick out Mackie. Seems unfit or lazy?
        And does he understand that the attacking team have to vacate the penalty area during a kick out?

Doughty - honest, hard-working, no world beater. Ollie seems likely to give him his chance.
        Lua Lua - nice touches. Let's see.
        Nakboto - what does he offer?
        Comely - not sure

Henry - seems to out of favour. Discard.
        Caulker - be great to seem him fit again, would thrive alongside Hall.
        Ariel - Discard
        Robinson - unsure
        Agree with all of that Don. Good summation.

Comment

Working...
        X