Our squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our squad

After last weekend it was the worst in our history. What do you think now?

Still short up top Timmy?

Comment

Sure, but no need for mass overhaul. We have quite a good squad like I have been saying.

Comment

Decent balance and in some cases limited but to a man they all graft and that is all we can ask for. They looked like they were a team and no prima donnas anymore.

Comment

For a moment today I thought this is like our Championship winning team.

Comment

Would not go that far as that was a special. No denying they were outstanding tonight.

Comment

It was a short moment but felt good.

Comment

Been a while when we had a team to watch who had a plan and stuck to it. Great Victory and have to give Ollie massive credit for that.

Comment

Surprised with a few performances tonight. Brilliant all over the park. Squad wise, we're still 5 or 6 short though, which is a lot when you get injuries/suspensions. We can improve that in the summer though.

Thought Pawel was unplayable tonight, the lad gets better and better. Thought Manning was a close second, all over the pitch and a very clever footballer. Mackie is Mackie and having him on the pitch alone is worth it's weight in gold. Defending was solid. Disappointed with Sylla, seems to be half asleep and doesn't work hard enough for me. Got loads of potential though and he could learn massively from Mackie.

Where would I look to improve in this window? A centre midfielder and striker are essential for me minimum. Head into the summer and clear the remaining dead wood and bring in Championship quality players to replace them and we'll have a decent enough squad.

Comment

Thought Sylla was half decent tonight Matty! Agree with the rest though.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                      Thought Sylla was half decent tonight Matty! Agree with the rest though.
                      Really? Haha I guess that's why it's a game of opinions. Just think he's a bit slow to react and doesn't work hard enough, that'll come though. He's got all the attributes but needs to put himself about more.

Comment

Sylla did what he was required to tonight. Held the ball up and brought others into play.

Comment

It was the work off the ball from Sylla that impressed me and whilst we clearly could do with 2 or 3 more players - I certainly wouldn't be rushing them in and anyone who played tonight out.

Comment

When he went off we had no one up top who held the ball up and meant we dropped that bit deeper. All in all a very good performance and more positives than negatives which is not something we have said for a while.

Comment

Some thoughts on the squad:

Smithies - one of the best in the division.

Furlong - seems to struggle when put under pressure. Think we need more quality here.

Onohua - has good games, bad games.

Hall - certainly not a midfielder, but finest young centre half we've had for some time.

Lynch - exactly what we need, a no nonsense up and at 'em centre half

Bidwell - really begining to look the business.

Wysolek - looks a real peach. Hope we have an option to make permanent. Probably worth 5million if he keeps this up.

Luongo - finally begining to look like the player we thought we had signed. Probably relieved not be covering for Cherry losing the ball all the time.

Manning - I wonder just how good this fella will get. Seems to have a real head on his shoulders.

Mackie - back to his best, exactly what the squad needs right now.

Sylla - bits of real quality but plenty of room of improvement - a couple of times tonite he failed to pick out Mackie. Seems unfit or lazy?
                              And does he understand that the attacking team have to vacate the penalty area during a kick out?

Doughty - honest, hard-working, no world beater. Ollie seems likely to give him his chance.
                              Lua Lua - nice touches. Let's see.
                              Nakboto - what does he offer?
                              Comely - not sure

Henry - seems to out of favour. Discard.
                              Caulker - be great to seem him fit again, would thrive alongside Hall.
                              Ariel - Discard
                              Robinson - unsure

Comment

Working...
                              X